Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Some good news - Semedo not suspended yet as

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
his first yellow at St Mary's was wiped out following his subsequent sending off in that game so still one away from suspension. Sodje misses four games though as he gets an extra one after being sent off earlier this season for Reading.

Comments

• This was Sodje's 10th career dismissal, along with Thatch and Millsy we have a right bunch of thugs around.
  • 10th? Christ!
    Even Holland's been booked this season - he's the worst :-)
  • Goodness knows what the team will be on Saturday.....
  • We need Semedo one way or the other so that certainly is good news.

Put your house on him getting booked at Leicester and missing Colchester though. I want him to hold out and get booked against Colchester so that he misses the cup game which I don't give a toss about this season given all our injury problems and suspensions.
  • sky said it was Sodje's 11th and this one fully deserved bloody shocking tackle
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sky said it was Sodje's 11th and this one fully deserved bloody shocking tackle

i just can't understand why he did it either. They weren't threatening, the other fella didn't look like he was going to try and take him out, and he had a couple of seconds to think about it. Stupid.
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]sky said it was Sodje's 11th and this one fully deserved bloody shocking tackle

i just can't understand why he did it either. They weren't threatening, the other fella didn't look like he was going to try and take him out, and he had a couple of seconds to think about it. Stupid.

As soon as the ball broke from the previous challenge I could tell he was going to lunge after it. He was likely to be second to the ball as he further to get to it than Russell and it seemed to me that he made his mind up to get there first. The only way was lunge in. I don't think he intended to injure the guy, he just wanted to make sure he got their first. Anyway it was stupid, unneccessary and cost us at a time when we were on top in the game.
  • So, when he gets sent off at Leicester, how many games does he miss?