Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester's youngster with potential.........

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Not buying this talented player stuff.

He had that electrifying turn of pace over the first five yards that you simply can't coach.

But sadly he lacked the one other thing that you cannot coach, an instinctive goalscorers mentality.

He just didn't seem to have the mental strength, composure & confidence to be a top goalscorer at the top level.
    But when he had a run of games and his confidence began to grow, he was a different player.

Wasn't it Paulo Di Canio who said Lisbie was the most skillful & talented player at the club?
    What would he know about football, though.
    He said he was on the training ground. I think when they asked him what he was like in a match he said:

"I zink zat he is a lot of - ow do you say - shit"

;-)
  • Booing him? No way ... I still remember one of his first appearances in a friendly at Welling pre-season a number of years ago. He actually looked very promising then.

As others said here, he didn't ever seem to have the confidence with us - he should have left 2 or 3 seasons ago and perhaps he could have done more than he has now with Colchester.

Good point from Oggy regarding the comment from Paulo.
  • With Reidy & Toddy out, we are short of skillful attacking options.
    Expect Pards to put in a bid this transfer window for somebody who has played for him before.

Could it be SuperKev?
    He ticks all the boxes. ;o)
  • probably too young still Oggy :-)
  • 'He dedicated 10 years of his career to us - yes he was not a great player but his professionalism and hard work deserves a touch of appreciation.'

Biggest load of shyte I've ever seen on here, I never knew he played for free.

Happy New Year (and Lisbie is bound to score)
  • he'll get a big fat clap from me because he deserves it. he gave us 10 years and a hattrick against the scummy scousers so that's enough for me to give the lad a clap