Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any idea when Thatcher will be back ?

edited December 2007 in General Charlton
A fully fit thatcher will be great for the team.

Comments

• just thinking that last night i thought he was only out for a few weeks seems to been ages
  • i'd really rather have Basey back than Thatcher.

Thatcher hasn't been fully fit since about February, and i've doubts we will probably ever see him 'fully fit' again.
  • how long before Basey returns?
  • ...and Cory Gibbs - he should be at least back into training following his broken metatasal - it only took Rooney 4 weeks!

As for Thatcher - cant remember what injury he sustained but must of caught it off Gibbs if it takes this long to clear up!
  • Pardew hinted strongly that Youga might be recalled, but nearly out of contract, whether he will sign again with no starts for us yet is doubtful. Basey's six weeks recovery puts him back in a week or so. Also note that Cory Gibbs has now been out for 11 weeks with broken metatarsals, he must be on the comeback trail by now! If Thatcher is fit by end of January he might find himself being sold as surplus to requirements in order to raise a bit of cash.
  • Think the OS should have a treatment room page giving us updates in injuries
  • Thatcher will be lucky to get 3 games in this season.

Dont normally comment on these things as I dont know much about the 'inside' of the club but I do have this on good authority.

Needs to get these games in to earn a contract.
  • Guys, Gibbs isnt real. Accept it and move on.
  • Thatcher just wanted Xmas with the family.....(!).
    He made a damned good job of it.
  • Youga back monday, unless sold