Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Prem or Champ ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    no.this division is total dog turd.the same people who would not get behind our previous managers and thought it would be a good idea to go down now seem to be clutching at straws with their reasons for not to be mixing it with the big boys any more.

at first i was led to believe we would be playing more attractive exciting football and no more 4-5-1 formations,we would thrash a few clubs along the way to a guaranteed play-off spot if we were unlucky.now we don't want to get back to the prem in case lineaker or marsh the piss.

i miss our two 7th places with us all believing we had a chance for europe and also the relative ease of finishing mid table every time under curbishley and hoping that the board would be able to give him some serious money so that this could be the year we step up and not down like some secretly hoped.i enjoyed our cup run with several thousand addicks in middlesboro for a mid week cup game because they still had belief.

i grew up following charlton when we were crap and i never want to see that again.you think this season the football has been poor? just stick around and you will get your wish.with more people against progress i fear that we could sink very very fast.

the only place for charlton is in the top flight and if you think differently,then you need help.
  • Options
    I was never a Curbs out type, so do one with that idea
  • Options
    nice one,you ripped me apart there.
  • Options
    just making the point, no need to show the signs of a afternoon on the raz
  • Options
    The last few seasons in the Prem were mind numbing and the prospect of playing in the Championship for a year was looked forward to, but its pleasure has not been realised, we have not been rolling teams over, we have not played beautiful football, no one has come to the valley playing attractive football, at least when we were turned over in the Prem. by Arsenal or Man u we sat there spellbound by the artistry (piss artistry some may say).

I don't care where we are Championship / Premiership, I just want to be entertained, like I was when we were a 2nd tier team in the 70's, Hales, Powell, Flannagan, Peacock, Charlie Wright - lots of goals for and against.
  • Options
    Premier League just bores the hell out of me. we all know who is going to be the top 4 - this season apart Man City could upset the apple cart it's been the same old shit year in year out.

we all hope for the odd win here or there against a top 4 team then scrape wins here and there against the others to get to the 40 point mark. maybe i am too used to life in the prem under Curbishley. He bored me shitless in the end - and before oo ahh says so, he is still a legend.
    But look what he's done at west ham with players not much better than what he'd had at his disposal at charlton over the years. Done Man U 3 times arsenal home and away.

Anyway I am enjoying the championshiop because we are winning regularly and of course i want promotion as much as the next man as that is what you aim for but on the other hand i don't because we all know what we'll get next season if we do
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]just give me a 3-0 against anybody please !

Havn't done it so far this season and not likely too either if the last 3 games are anything to go by.

so cardiff at home never happened did it numbnut
  • Options
    happy new year.
  • Options
    i may be wrong, but this is what i read from all the above:

People want / demand too much.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i may be wrong, but this is what i read from all the above:

People want / demand too much.

That's just what I said to the missus!
    ;o)