Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spring Offensive 21st March

Is the 90th anniversary of the German 'Michael' offensive which was so nearly successful and during which many British (and Colonial troops) lost their lives.

To mark the occasion I am going to boo that Austro/Hungarian Zoltan Gera during the whole game.

Lets hope the outcome is the same as 1918 and that we push on to ultimate success.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Is the 90th anniversary of the German 'Michael' offensive which was so nearly successful and during which many British (and Colonial troops) lost their lives.

To mark the occasion I am going to boo that Austro/Hungarian Zoltan Gera during the whole game.

Lets hope the outcome is the same as 1918 and that we push on to ultimate success.
    Well that's very grown up, i'm sure Zoltan Gera was a very fine marksmen before he went on to become a professional footballer!!
  • Options
    Well lets hope we celebrate our success as the Germans did. Apparently they overan all the Allies supplies of wine and beer and got mightily pissed and it was a factor in their ultimate failure.

Anyway if I want to be childish and boo Zoltan Gera I will. At least I wont be booing my own team.
  • Options
    "Well that's very grown up, i'm sure Zoltan Gera was a very fine marksmen before he went on to become a professional footballer!! "

Didnt he used to be a gymnast!?
  • Options
    90 years to this day. 2 weeks later there were over 178000 British casualties of which 70000 were prisoners.

Haigs Despatch on 11 April 1918

'There is no other course open to us but to fight it out. Every position must be held to the last man:there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end.'

Over to you Pardew
  • Options
    I think you'll find it was the St Michael offensive Peanutman - Versions I, II and III.

The Boche would have been alright if they'd stuck to the Italian wine - it also annoys the French more.