Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Lisbie thread

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
made me wonder if there are any players (excepting Darren Bent who was always going to go) we released that would have been better than we have in the Championship?

At the risk of been shouted down I wonder whether Faye could have done that holding job which would allow us a) to play 4-4-2 more and b) see more of ZZs best attributes going forward.

I accept Faye may not have been motivated to play for us though which could be why Pards let him out on loan.

Comments

• Options
    Luke Young and arguably HH.

Not to mention friend Kishishev eh Len?!
  • Options
    Faye was always going to be shipped out because of his juicy contract.
    Same as Marcus BigBollox.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Luke Young and arguably HH.

Is Komrade Kishishev still at Leicester?
    You never hear about him these days.

He was a star at Leeds on loan in the CCC last season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Luke Young and arguably HH.

I love Kish to bits but sadly, like Holland in my opinion, his legs have gone so Pards was right to let Kish go given that he wasn't a regular for Leicester and more often than not is only benchwarming at Leeds in league 1.
  • Options
    HH would of been perfect for the last 6 weeks, but at 20k a week was never going to be retained, and rightly so.

The big miss of course is Diawara. Parkinson said that in pre-season he was head and shoulders above the other centre halves, and would of been our main man there. But as we saw with Parker and countless others, if a bloke is set on leaving you defeat the object making them stay.

I'm not 100% convinced he would of been as great as we think on paper, as his main weakness was dealing with the long ball / high ball, and this league is built on that.
  • Options
    Maybe Borat would have been good. Could have used him in the holding midfield role as curbs did occasionally
  • Options
    HH was my choice for captain this season, shame he went to Pompey. Kish is at Leeds was subbed after 65th minute on Saturday.
  • Options
    I thought Kish was still at Leicester.
    Is Kish on loan again at Leeds?
  • Options
    I always though Myles Weston was going to become a really good player, so was surprised to see him released. I remember seeing an England youth game a few years ago and he was outstanding in it.

Also, I think Myhre would have been a better option in goal than Weaver, who still worries me when coming for crosses.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I thought Kish was still at Leicester.
    Is Kish on loan again at Leeds?

Yep
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed about Weston. Saw him playing for the schoolboys once and he looked like a world beater. Amazing skills and pace. Wonder what happened. Maybe Curbs tried to make him to play a holding role on the left wing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Agreed about Weston. Saw him playing for the schoolboys once and he looked like a world beater. Amazing skills and pace. Wonder what happened. Maybe Curbs tried to make him to play a holding role on the left wing.

I think he plays for Notts County now.
  • Options
    If we're looking below the Championship, Onome Sodje now in Conference at York, doesn't always start but in double figures already I believe. Big, strong pacy and knows where the onion bag is. Must have had an attitude problem to be released at 18 having already scored regularly on loan to Welling at just 16 or 17. An ideal alternative to Big Chris but with movement.
  • Options
    How many Sodje's are there? How about signing them all.
  • Options
    shittu more than holds his own in this division. michael turner questionably could have been a squad player. nathan ashton must have something to be a prem squad player and therefore may have got in before thatcher, powell and basey.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]shittu more than holds his own in this division. michael turner questionably could have been a squad player. nathan ashton must have something to be a prem squad player and therefore may have got in before thatcher, powell and basey.

Ashton is quick but small.

Les Reed must have reckoned that with raw pace to work with he could coach the rest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]How many Sodje's are there? How about signing them all.

LOL!
    One with us, one with Jills, one at Sheff Wed, one at York......surely I've forgotton some? :o)