Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sam Sodje

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
The OS says he can't play Saturday because he is servnig the final match of his suspension, which suggests that we still have his services. I bloody hope so because he has been our only decent centre-half this season.

I presume Reading have a recal option, but hopefully they're happy letting in sixes and sevens and don't want him back!

Comments

• Options
    He's on a season long loan.

Reading do have the recall option in the January window - which evidently they haven't exercised yet.
  • Options
    Sodje still has two games of ban to serve as it was a four match ban. Reading will wait at least till his ban's up so that we have to keep paying some or all of his wages till he leaves.
  • Options
    Good point Mart.
  • Options
    He heads absoloutly everything and seems comfortable playing alongside fortune, but Reading have conceeded 13 in the last six matches and have a GD of -15 so sam sodje may have to return to the Madejski, but hopefully for not to long.
  • Options
    You should be in bed son
  • Options
    If he wasn't suspended I wonder if he still would have been available to play, as a lot of clubs don't want loan players cup tied. If Reading were happy for him to play in the cup then it would suggest that they have no interest in recalling him.
  • Options
    they will call him back because sonko and bikey have to play in african nations, leaving them with like 2 centre halves
  • Options
    Unless we're allowed to buy him first - and then Reading may go shopping elsewhere, perhaps?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Unless we're allowed to buy him first - and then Reading may go shopping elsewhere, perhaps?

I thought the same at first, but if they were going to call him back, why haven't they already done so?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]The OS says he can't play Saturday because he is servnig the final match of his suspension, which suggests that we still have his services. I bloody hope so because he has been our only decent centre-half this season.

I presume Reading have a recal option, but hopefully they're happy letting in sixes and sevens and don't want him back!

Sodje is a decisive centre half and brings the best out of his partner. I think its unfair to say that he has been our only decent centre-half though. Fortune has played well alongside him and I think that Paddy has played well in the last few games. What is true is that Magic is a bloody liability and brings out the worst in Fortune.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Unless we're allowed to buy him first - and then Reading may go shopping elsewhere, perhaps?

I thought the same at first, but if they were going to call him back, why haven't they already done so?

Reading were all set to sell him at the beginning of the season and agreed a transfer fee with Sheff Weds, the deal though fell through as SW and Sodje couldn't agree on wages, so he's come here instead. I think he's played his last game for Reading.
  • Options
    Sodje's a local lad from a local family - I believe his family live in Greenwich and maybe all he needs to sign for Charlton is the offer of a contract?

He's another of these players who love to play football - and has the commitment, energy & enthusiasm to go with it.
    There may be players around with greater ability but these are the type of players you need in your side to go for the 'grandstand' finish to fight for a result.

Sign him!
  • Options
    Hopefully we can keep hiom on loan till end of the season, I don't think he is good enough for the Prem. so would not buy him if we went up, but would if we stayed down!!!