Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jason Koumas is available.....

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
I think he'd be ideal for us and not too expensive.
He gets from box to box, scores,takes set pieces well, has an 'edge' to his attitude.
I have always rated him so hope this happens

Comments

• Options
    His wages would be massive,coupled with there would be teams in the premiership, i.e Derby and Bolton that would show an interest in his services
  • Options
    Perhaps on loan with some of his wages being paid but would, as WIWLB says, expect to be behind the bottom end of the Prem teams in any queue to get him.

Does seem the sort of player who would strenghten the first team and not just the squad.
  • Options
    If Derby or someone similar want Thomas then we could do 1 in 1 out, with Koumas more suited to this division
  • Options
    He would be a great signing if we could pull it off. Always thought we should have gone for him with the Parker money.

I wouldn't have thought that he was on massive wages at Wigan and I would have thought that a team in with a shout of going up would be a better option than a team going down.

Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Bolton though, cos of the Megson connection.
  • Options
    in a heart beat just what we need in midfield.
  • Options
    Agreed but question marks about attitude - makes Marcus Bent look like a one club man...
  • Options
    swap deal for him and marcus
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]swap deal for him and marcus

That would be a fantasic bit of business.....
  • Options
    Even Better

Swap Marcus for Koumas

JT for Earnshaw

Mcleod for Christiano Ronaldo

what one couldnt happen???
  • Options
    is this a possible, or has he actually been declared available?

can't see it tbh, wigan paid £4mil for him in the summer, they'd want at least £3mil surely and with the likes of Sunderland willing to spunk anything it takes to stay up we'd be towards the back of the queue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd rather keep McLeod, I detest that w***er Ronaldo !!

Wouldn't mind the other 2 though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]is this a possible, or has he actually been declared available?

can't see it tbh, wigan paid £4mil for him in the summer, they'd want at least £3mil surely and with the likes of Sunderland willing to spunk anything it takes to stay up we'd be towards the back of the queue

But, Eyesore, surely Marcus BigBollox is worth £3mil after scoring all those goals?
    As already suggested, fair exchange for Houmous.

He'll only cost us his signing on fee then.
  • Options
    If a struggling Premier League club comes in for Koumas he'll stay in that division
  • Options
    Oggy, we paid over 2million for him

i'd say his time with us reduced his transfer value to 500k-1mil

his recent exploits have probably broken us even on what we shelled out - and that's optimistic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I'd rather keep McLeod, I detest that w***er Ronaldo !!

quote]

maybe but i have a feeling he'd improve our team. just a hunch though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Oggy, we paid over 2million for him

i'd say his time with us reduced his transfer value to 500k-1mil

his recent exploits have probably broken us even on what we shelled out - and that's optimistic

Normally these fees are sorted at the beginning of the loan deal, so i would not expect too much for benty, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Eyesore & the Kap10 - I make you right, then.......

If the evaluation of Marcus was last August, then the best we can hope for is a £1 mill.

Thats Koumas out of the equasion then - should mean we can afford another couple of players from MK Dons & Crewe.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite][cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]I'd rather keep McLeod, I detest that w***er Ronaldo !!
    maybe but i have a feeling he'd improve our team. just a hunch though

Still wouldnt want the ****.
  • Options
    Koumas is a sweet thief , fact.