Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin Christiansen

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
How close is he to the 1st team, I wonder?

Bought for £350 grand as one for the future, he was well involved pre-season.
Apart from the odd Denmark U-21 appearance, that was the last we heard of him.

Any news?
More importantly, any of our spies who lurk around Sparrows Lane know anything?

Comments

• Options
    iffy attitude i've heard...
  • Options
    He missed the last reserve match I recall. I think we are too scared to play youngsters unless we are desperate - take Basey for example. Dickson is another prime example. is he injured?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]iffy attitude i've heard...
    iffy haircut i heard
  • Options
    Came on against Sporting Braga, admittedly towards the end, and slouched around looking like he didn't give a toss.

Given that it was a hot day and he had fresh legs I would have expected a bit of industry.

Not the way to win friends and influence people at a new club in my view.

On that (slim) evidence I'd rather fast track Wagstaffe if he's up to it.
  • Options
    Wagstaff had his kit out in the changing room saturady as did dicko Johnny H tried to big Waggs up as a Roben type of player coming in from wide very attacking.

wonder if he falls over as much
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ribbed[/cite]He missed the last reserve match I recall. I think we are too scared to play youngsters unless we are desperate - take Basey for example. Dickson is another prime example. is he injured?

Dicko is not young though. Anyone confirm he has not gone to Ghana? McCleod should get an opportunity before dicko, IMHO.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    He hasn't by the looks of it - http://www.addickted.net/newsitem.php?id=638
  • Options
    He'll be disappointed but he'll know now that's he's rated as one of the best 40 players eligible for Ghana.
    It might really spur him on to know he may have every chance of making their World Cup qualifying squad.

It really is time to give him some Charlton 1st team experience.
  • Options
    My thoughts too, Oggy Red and incidentally something that this site has also said earlier on today. http://www.addickted.net/newsitem.php?id=636
  • Options
    Ribbed, on Parky's blog on the OS a few weeks ago, he said the Charlton management were impressed with the number of goals Dicko scored at Jills - but doubted his overall contribution to the team ethic.

Mind you, if Dicko came on as a late sub and all he did was score the winner in the 89th minute, how much more do you expect of him?

Often enough that's all Jimmy Greaves would contribute - one good touch and the ball in the back of the net.
    And he was a legend.......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can't remember hales contributing too much to team ethic, other than lumping Flash.
  • Options
    The occasional hatrick didn't go amiss, though Kap..... ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The occasional hatrick didn't go amiss, though Kap..... ;o)

He was also useful if they wanted someone to dispose of their old cars...;o)
  • Options
    And someone to hang the washing out on the hedgerows.... ;o)
  • Options
    and not forgetting the odd pint glass filled with best quality hales pee.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Ribbed, on Parky's blog on the OS a few weeks ago, he said the Charlton management were impressed with the number of goals Dicko scored at Jills - but doubted his overall contribution to the team ethic.

Mind you, if Dicko came on as a late sub and all he did was score the winner in the 89th minute, how much more do you expect of him?

Often enough that's all Jimmy Greaves would contribute - one good touch and the ball in the back of the net.
    And he was a legend.......

well mclown contributes jack all to the team but he gets a game , at least Dicko has goals in him which is more than that muppet has
  • Options
    He's gone to Heracles on loan for the rest of the season. Dutch premier league is a good chance to showcase his skills
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]He's gone to Heracles on loan for the rest of the season. Dutch premier league is a good chance to showcase his skills

Christienson that is. I wonder if we will see him in the red ever, if he was being loaned out for experience then I would expect him to go to an English League team, not back to Scandanavia
  • Options
    The Dutch league I would say will be a lot better standard than any in Scandanivia. The game there is much more attacking and wingers tend to shine (remember Dennis Rommedahl?) but hopefully this is a path to experience and the first team squad at The Valley and not a sign that we won't ever see him again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]The Dutch league I would say will be a lot better standard than any in Scandanivia. The game there is much more attacking and wingers tend to shine (remember Dennis Rommedahl?) but hopefully this is a path to experience and the first team squad at The Valley and not a sign that we won't ever see him again.

My comment is really based upon him needing to get experience of being kicked in the hurly burly of the english game he just won't get this in Holland
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It gets him off our books and allows him to play some proper football for a few months. My guess is that this is the last we'll hear of him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]It gets him off our books and allows him to play some proper football for a few months. My guess is that this is the last we'll hear of him.
    Agreed
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm not sure if Pardew had much involvement in his transfer. The fact that we linked-up with his club when we bought him suggests that it was a deal that spent a long time in discussions. It may well be that he was a Reed or Dowie purchase.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Peakie_Rocket[/cite]I'm not sure if Pardew had much involvement in his transfer. The fact that we linked-up with his club when we bought him suggests that it was a deal that spent a long time in discussions. It may well be that he was a Reed or Dowie purchase.

He had been on trial at West Ham when Pards was there so very much a Pardew deal. Nothing to do with Reed or Dowie.

Better to have him playing game in which ever league IMHO. Also he only turned 20 last month.