Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Todays game

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
I have my ticket and have had for ages, but not sure I can ar5ed, I last missed a home game in 94, and that was because I was ill, can anyone give a something positive to make me to get my backside in gear and get down there?

Comments

• Options
    we could see dickson make his debut and score a hatful of goals! or If crowds scare you then today is a good day to go.
  • Options
    Because going down the Valley when Charlton are at home is what you with Saturdays.
    Because we won't know if any of the squad players are better than what we have until we get a look at them.
    Because the suns out and its a nice winter day.
    Because you fancy a pint.
    Because West Brom are bringing decent numbers down and your club needs your support
    Because anything can happen in cup games, with both teams going for a win.
    Because you're club is having a bit of a dip at the mo, and that's when it needs fans on its side more than ever.
    Because you don't follow Charlton just for success.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]we could see dickson make his debut and score a hatful of goals! or If crowds scare you then today is a good day to go.
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Because going down the Valley when Charlton are at home is what you with Saturdays.
    Because we won't know if any of the squad players are better than what we have until we get a look at them.
    Because the suns out and its a nice winter day.
    Because you fancy a pint.
    Because West Brom are bringing decent numbers down and your club needs your support
    Because anything can happen in cup games, with both teams going for a win.
    Because you're club is having a bit of a dip at the mo, and that's when it needs fans on its side more than ever.
    Because you don't follow Charlton just for success.

Yeah, but besides that ;)
  • Options
    Because your mates will be there.
    Because its the FA Cup.
    Because we aint Glory Boys.
    Because we ahve been realshit before.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Because your mates will be there.
    Because its the FA Cup.
    Because we aint Glory Boys.
    Because we ahve been realshit before.

Oh, for christ sake boys, just when I was starting to look forward to putting up a new curtain rail, you lot have reminded me where my loyalties lie, ar5e is now in gear!!!
  • Options
    LOL! That's the spirit!

C'MON YOU REDS....!!!!!
  • Options
    Well, despite having read all that I still ain't going - fug em!

In the last 20 years or so I have only missed something like three or four home games - and only then due to illness. But this is the second occassion this year when I've woken up in the morning and just thought "bollocks to that". I don't suppose anyone will notice.
  • Options
    still at work first game missed in years but thought i might have started regretting it but im not even though i know im passing the Valley on the train home to Abbey Wood
  • Options
    FAO Off it.

Many thanks for not going.....best 90 minutes all season. Either stay away for ever and we can bet promoted again or let us know when you can be arsed enough to go & I'#ll make sure i'm not there.

about 10k true suppoters there today. well done everybody.
    4-4-2 is the key - no big chris and keep the ball on the deck. Just wonderering what might have happened if we had played like that last week !

onwards & upwards.
  • Options
    So I'm not a "true supporter" then eh Golfie?

But well done, that was almost a positive post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    almost
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]4-4-2 is the key - no big chris and keep the ball on the deck
    Agreed.
  • Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed the game even though it was a one all, it was a very entertaining score draw and proved we are capable of playing some really eye catching stuff.

Some of the lads who ventured into the realms of H and J block North Upper need to learn the words of the songs though before trying to start them though!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]about 10k true suppoters there today. well done everybody.
    ha ha
  • Options
    well TCE, glad you went or not ?
  • Options
    Hi mate, yep chuffed to bits got a bit of my Charlton back, but on a sour note! boy is my missus pi55ed off at you and Goonerhater, cos I still aint put up that curtain pole ;)
  • Options
    I have been disappointed in our performances of the past few years, and was looking forward to Charlton playing some decent football again in the CCC but I have been gutted by the lack of class shown by the current side. However, Saturday showed a glimpse of what the squad is capable of, attacking with pace so the opponent's only defence is to drop deep. Dickson, Walker and even Uchechi can play in this system, with big Chris held back for the last half hour if we've slipped up. Personally I'd have Semedo for more height and quicker passing than Holland and the Basey/Youga combination seemed to make us more solid. Plus we have Reid to come back. I think Pardew was left with 4-5-1 by default as he probably wanted to keep Bent, then Toddy & Varney were injured - but will he have the balls to change tactics mid-season? I hope so 'cos plan A wasn't working.