Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton-West Brom: Match Thread

No teams yet, but it looks as though the match will be on R5:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2005/05/31/saturday_sportshow_feature.shtml

Click on the Charlton commentary in the top right hand corner, hopefully this works for us overseas Addicks.

Comments

• Options
    Charlton: Weaver; Moutaouakil, Youga, McCarthy, Bougherra; Sam, Holland, Zheng, Ambrose; McLeod, Varney.

Subs: Randolph, Basey, Semedo, Iwelumo, Dickson.

West Brom: Kiely; Hoefkens, Albrechtsen, Barnett, Cesar; Gera, Koren, Greening, Teixera, Brunt; Miller.

Subs: Steele, Pele, MacDonald, Morrison, Beattie.

Referee: K Woolmer
  • Options
    No place for Racon....? I am surprised.

I thought ZZ would be rested.

I thought Randolph may have been given a run to stop him getting rusty.

The rest was predictable with Dickson on the bench.
    After 6 weeks injured, Basey only resumed training on Thursday - that's a quick recovery even for an 18 year old!
  • Options
    Looks a strong side...

No Racon though, I'd have thought he'd have been on the bench at least and two forwards in reserve. Let's hope Dickson gets a game at some point this time.
  • Options
    2 forwards are in reserve, BFR: Dicko & Big Chris
  • Options
    Just noticed there are 2 threads running..... which one are we going to be using?
  • Options
    This has the team/radio details...
  • Options
    Disappointed there's no Josh Wright. Wouldn't have minded Wagstaff on the bench either.
  • Options
    At least he's given the forward line a shake up. Two quick forwards in a 442. Should create some chances I hope
  • Options
    Here's hoping that the full back duo of Mootoo/Youga do a better job of dealing with the 'Brunt far post cross to Gera' threat, than Semedo/Sir Chris did a few weeks back..

I'm going for a 2-2 draw. Ambrose and Varney scoring for us.

C'MON YOU REDS.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]At least he's given the forward line a shake up. Two quick forwards in a 442. Should create some chances I hope

As long as they play the ball to them/or for them to run onto and not lump it forward to Iwelumo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Backed all 4 Charlton defenders at big prices on betfair for first goalscorer for a bit of fun.

I must want locking up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stoke_addick[/cite]Backed all 4 Charlton defenders at big prices on betfair for first goalscorer for a bit of fun.

I must want locking up.

I used to back Rufus, El Kack and the Hermanator quite often 'back in the day'. This current bunch don't fill me with such confidence..

Having said that, I might start having a few quid on Basey when he becomes a regular. His free kick prowess is bound to pay off now and again.
  • Options
    Is the radio link working?
  • Options
    dickson should be starting instead of goal shy mcleod, pards has had a chance to blood some youngsters who he said would be involved later on in the season like wright and arter, at least they might show a bit of fight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Is the radio link working?

Mine doesn't appear to be...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Is the radio link working?
    Not for me
  • Options
    In big, bold letters half way down the radio London page..

Saturday 5th January. Please note that due to rights restrictions FA games are restricted to UK listeners only.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Is the radio link working?[/quote]

Not working for me. So the Cup must be included in the exclusion for as foreigners as well!
  • Options
    F*cking marvellous. So what have we done to deserve this?
  • Options
    We are going to win 3-1 today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    were all going to wembley!!!!! Zheng 2 mins
  • Options
    Looks like 442 is making a difference already. Wish it was the league game instead.
  • Options
    33 secs on bbc!

now we have just 93 mins of defending to do....
  • Options
    Anyone know anything about the goal?
  • Options
    Text from the ground "Sam just missed one on one with Kiely."
  • Options
    0:33 GOAL - Zheng Zhi
    Charlton 1 - West Brom 0Foul by Jonathan Greening (West Brom) on Izale McLeod (Charlton). Direct free kick taken right-footed by Madjid Bougherra (Charlton) from own half, resulting in open play. Goal by Zheng Zhi (Charlton) drilled left-footed (bottom-left of goal) from left side of six-yard box (6 yards).Charlton 1-0 West Brom.
  • Options
    "Shot by Izale McLeod (Charlton) drilled left-footed from left side of penalty area (12 yards), save (parried) by Dean Kiely (West Brom). Shot by Lloyd Sam (Charlton) left-footed from centre of penalty area (12 yards), over the bar. Goal kick taken long by Dean Kiely (West Brom)."

Even McLeod had a shot on target......it's like a carnival
  • Options
    From the OS:

52 seconds: GOAL! Charlton fly out of the blocks and a cross from the right is helped on by Vaney and Zheng Zhi spins to shoot home via the left upright. 1-0
  • Options
    "Izale McLeod is flying at the moment" - commentator.

Corner to Charlton
  • Options
    Interesting that McLeod got fouled for the goal - burst of pace maybe?