Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thomas and Fortune

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
simply rested today or on their way?

Comments

• Options
    It would be crazy to sell the best cb we have, and whether we like it or not he's the best we have at the moment!

Thomas can jog off to whoever we get a decent fee from.
  • Options
    Fortune was doubtful after Tuesday, according to Pards on News Shopper or somewhere.
    So not risked, I guess.

Thomas - no idea. I expected him to play today unless he's nursing a knock.
  • Options
    I could see Thomas being sold, but not Fortune. Suspension aside, he's been the one constant selection at CB.
  • Options
    And after Stoke bid for him in the summer, who would have thought he'd still be at The Valley let alone our most dependable defender so far this season?
  • Options
    Thomas had flu according to Pards after match press conference on the OS.
  • Options
    Didn't Parker have flu just before he went to Chelski, missing the 3rd round cup tie?
  • Options
    Fortune is not dependable, does alright with Sodje but is a liability with anyone else.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Fortune is not dependable, does alright with Sodje but is a liability with anyone else.

Fortune has always perfroemed better when he has a solid dependable CH next to him. His best days were next to Jorge Costa, if he has a didgy defender next to him he does not have the character to take a grip and run the defence.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]Fortune is not dependable, does alright with Sodje but is a liability with anyone else.

Fortune has always perfroemed better when he has a solid dependable CH next to him. His best days were next to Jorge Costa, if he has a didgy defender next to him he does not have the character to take a grip and run the defence.

Spot on.

I thought that McCarthy was excellent today though (and has been in recent games). Not sure who was marking Miller when he scored but from where I was sitting in the West, as soon as Moo2 let Brunt get the better of him and the cross came in it looked as if we Miller was going to score.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Paddy, who appeared to hesitate as he pondered leaving his man to close down Brunt or stay with Miller. In the end he did neither, but an otherwise faultless display
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brunt was offside. Yay to Youga.
  • Options
    Aye the Jelly man was terrific.
  • Options
    Fortune had an ankle injury.