Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

nigels

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
are able to get tickets for there game with us online,with no proof of a season ticket or anything,we aint got ours on sale yet and had to run round hoops to get one at there shithole.why is that,is it because they dont think they have troublemakers and we have? once again the clubs puts others in front of us.im fuming .

Comments

• Options
    Because our tickets where high priority, it was nothing to do with trouble makers.

Maybe CPFC don't expect to sell out therefore are putting the tickets straigh on general sale. You don't lose out at all.
  • Options
    thats shit mate,they will sell out and charlton no that,letters were sent out to anyone who farted at a palace game,getting one was murder,never went on general sale,these pricks are getting them with no restrictions whatsoever,we are the home club we should be getting them first,i loathe those pricks even more now.
  • Options
    Nolly, you do realise CAFC have NO CONTROL over how CPFC distribute their tickets, I doubt CAFC have even released the tickets to CPFC and they are simply selling the tickets now for some much needed revenue. Again, nothing we can do.

Again, the letters are nothing to do with either football club and I think you're taking this all a little out of context.
  • Options
    mate sorry for the rant but il make this clear,why do charlton makes us tell our lifestory when we need to buy tickets for palace games,on the other hand the nigels sell there tickets in a normal way,the club loses its bowels whenever we play these freaks,oh by the way will we sell ours on general sale at all,theres are going on general sale to any dick on the 19th.stick to the antigallican nigels your welcome nowhere else.
  • Options
    Becasue the club wanted to ensure that people who have season tickets and have attended every game get to go over someone who hasnt been to a Charlton game for 20 years.

CAFC did things correctly, CPFC clearly don't give a shit about thier loyal fans, you should be grateful you support a club that looks out for it's fans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]had to run round hoops to get one at there shithole.

run round hoops?
    the 2,400 we got didn't even sell out to our s/t holders. they went on general sale as i remember.

or am i missing the point your trying to make?
  • Options
    thats not the reason,two days before we played them last and still struggling to sell out,they still didnt let out that the final lot were to go on general sale,the fact is they just wanted to play big brother on everyone who attended,even if we struggled to sell out,which frankly we did.
  • Options
    paul they went on general sale in the last few days,no adverts to tell us so,the reason we struggled to do so was because of the way they were sold.
  • Options
    does it matter?
  • Options
    yes it matters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why?
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    lets be fair, the situation in september was largely engineered by the police and out of the club's hands

your comment about a fear we'd be more likely to cause trouble is true in my opinion and perhaps the OB have changed their policy in light of the fact that this game is an isolated, friday night game, with more police on duty, a C+

maybe the letters were the tactic to avoid going the whole hog on the police overkill (obviously it was bad enough but it was hardly a millwall-leeds scenario, as shown by the fact they were content to have all 3 of us in south london on the same day)

now, after the events at sydenham and with talk of having home or away only routes to the ground, maybe the letter shit has been scrapped in favour of a far more proactive job that will rival any other football policing activity this season
  • Options
    because i would like to buy tickets to a away game we dont sell out normally.
  • Options
    at last someone who has a idea about the matter!
  • Options
    There was nothing to stop you buying a ticket for the game though.
  • Options
    there was if you were not a member and wanted a few for your mates,i got them but not with ease,all i ask is the rule applys to both.
  • Options
    nolly me old fruit I'm gonna help you out here to save you from continuing to make a fool of yourself .

The word you seem unable to spell despite me pointing it out before is "know" not "no" as you keep on putting.

Glad to be of service
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]there was if you were not a member and wanted a few for your mates,i got them but not with ease,all i ask is the rule applys to both.

Which would be a perfectly fine request if the same people set the rules on both occasions, THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

How hard is that to understand :(
  • Options
    we will have to disagree stu,theres more to it mate,buckshee my english aint up to much,glad you keep pointing it out.
  • Options
    There is nothing to disagree on, I'm right, there is no possible way CAFC can control how CPFC sell their tickets. I highly doubt CPFC even have tickets in hand to sell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    your not right,i have made the point that the way we sell tickets is crap,we struggled with selling out at palace,but still charlton untill the very end kept them away from general sale,they want to no who is sitting in every seat for certain games,that is a fact.
  • Options
    They expected to sell out easily, which for a game like that we should have, maybe they underestimated how shite our support is. No one I know sat in their ticketed seat.
  • Options
    we would sell out easy twice over if there were sold normally,we have restrictions like man united.
  • Options
    Because the club quite rightly wanted to give first dibbs to those who have supported the ream throughout the rest of the season, sadly many of those people just where not interested, for that the blame has to lay with the fans, not the club.
  • Options
    how long will they need to work it out then? fuck me it aint rocket science.
  • Options
    Nolly,

I understand the point you are making. Charlton do seem sometimes to make things difficult to get tickets. I am a ST holder. I live in Norwich. I often have to leave the decision to go to games until the last minute for family reasons, yet I have had problems with the "you have to turn up in person" rule when its impossible to get there for me. To be fair to the club, having a word in the right ear, has usually overcome this rule.

It is a difficult balancing act which over the years, on occasions the club has got spectacularly wrong. I remember the FA quarter final against Manure when they completely underestimated the demand and had to change the ticket allocation to ST holders and members as we were actually queing up for tickets. Anybody still at the Club involved in that shambles and the squit that followed it when many ST holders and members didn't get one ticket will have been burnt by that experience. Since then the club has been very cautious of disappointing its core fan base.

As for tickets for the Palace game going on general sale earlier, well I guess the answer was that the club thought it would sell most to priority holders and knew that it could get rid of its last few hundred on general sale if it came to that. I suspect that Palace doubt their ability to sell out their allocation to ST holders etc which is why they've gone on open sale. We have more ST holders remember and we have VG/VIP holders as well. I doubt we held back on tickets because of the old bill.
  • Options
    good post bing as usual.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'm more pissed off with our board lying to us yet again to be honest.

"All home matches this season will be £20"

They really have treated us like over the last couple of years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]I'm more pissed off with our board lying to us yet again to be honest.

"All home matches this season will be £20"

They really have treated us like cunts over the last couple of years.

What match isnt £20?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]They really have treated us like cunts over the last couple of years.
    Offering free Premiership season tickets if we get promoted this season is certainly a shitty way to treat people.