Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If they are all fit/available, what would your team be?

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
I was thinking that yesterday gave Pards more selection headaches. So assuming that all the squad is fit and available, including Sodje what would be my first team. Well I decided to look at home games and away games separately.

Home

Weaver
Moo2, Sodje, Fortune, Youga
Sam, ZZ, Reed,Thomas
Varney, McLeod.

Subs

Gandulf, Big Chris, Magic, Semedo, Ambrose

Away

Weaver
Moo2, Sodje, Fortune, Youga
Sam, ZZ, Holland, Reed, Thomas
Varney

Subs

Gandulf, Big Chris, Magic, Semedo, McLeod

Comments

• Options
    No Dickson ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]No Dickson ?

No I'd give McLeod a chance at least to start with. I saw enough yesterday to suggest that if he starts scoring, he's going to be a real handful. If he doesn' cut it then try Dickson instead. What is going to be interesting is what we do if we bring in three or four players. It's hard enough fitting them in with what we've currently got.
  • Options
    No Todorov or Gibbs Bing. Both would have to be in the squad!!
  • Options
    agree with bing, with a bit of confidence (and maybe some beefing up as he gets shrugged off a lot) his pace and enthusiasm to run causes all sorts of problems that big slow, 6foot lots championship centre halfs don't get with dealing with big chris week in week out
  • Options
    Your home midfield is the same one that played second half against QPR and got pissed all over. It's too lightweight particularly with our suspect defence. I'd play Semedo in the holding role with one of either Reid or ZZ.

Away from home, again I would have Semedo in the holding role and drop Holland.
  • Options
    We need 3 decent players and we'll be good for 2nd half of season but at the mo, this team would be ok.

Weaver

Moo2 Fortune Sodje Youga

Sam Reid Semedo Basey

Toddy Varney

Subs: Iwelumo, ZZ, Holland, Boughy and Randolph
  • Options
    Home:

Weaver

Moo2
    Fortune
    Sodje
    Youga

Sam
    Semedo
    ZZ
    Reid

Varney
    Iwelumo

Subs:

Randolph
    Bougherra
    Ambrose
    McLeod
    Dickson

Away:

Weaver

Sankofa
    Sodje
    Fortune
    Youga

Sam
    Semedo
    ZZ
    Reid
    Thomas

Iwelumo

Subs:

Randolph
    Bougherra
    Ambrose
    Varney
    Dickson
  • Options
    Weaver

Moo2
    Sodje
    Fortune
    Youga

Sam
    ZZ
    Semedo
    Reid

Thomas
    Iwelumo

Subs
    Randolph
    Bougy
    Basey
    Holland
    Varney

For Sale
    McCarthy
    McLeod
    Ambrose
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Your home midfield is the same one that played second half against QPR and got pissed all over. It's too lightweight particularly with our suspect defence. I'd play Semedo in the holding role with one of either Reid or ZZ.

Main difference in the QPR team was the lack of pace in the full backs. I believe that Pards has really been forced to play a holding midfielder and often as not 4-5-1 because we needed bodies in midfield. If your full backs overlap/bomb on like Moo2 did yesterday, it means you are removing defenders into midfield/attack when you have the ball and are attacking. You have many more support players. The two central midfielders (yesterday ZZ and Holland) can alternate depending on who is best placed to sit and who supports the attack.

ZZ and a fit Reid are undroppable for me. They are are midfielders most likely to score/make goals. My team would be built around them.

Look the game is more tactical now than ever and you need to be able to change formations during a game. My view is at home you go 4-4-2 and hope your full backs can exploit space down the flanks. The opposition may only play with one up front, thus you don't need four defenders when your in possession and attacking. We can switch to 4-5-1 easily.

A couple of weeks ago I'd have gone with Semedo over Holland, but Holland has really been playing well. I wouldn't complain though if Semedo were prefered above him.

Picking your first eleven is difficult and McCarthy has impressed me of late but I'd have to go with the Sodje/Fortune combination.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]No Todorov or Gibbs Bing. Both would have to be in the squad!!

I take your point but Tody won't be available this season and Gibbs doesn't exist..:o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Lisbie[/cite]Your home midfield is the same one that played second half against QPR and got pissed all over. It's too lightweight particularly with our suspect defence. I'd play Semedo in the holding role with one of either Reid or ZZ.

Main difference in the QPR team was the lack of pace in the full backs. I believe that Pards has really been forced to play a holding midfielder and often as not 4-5-1 because we needed bodies in midfield. If your full backs overlap/bomb on like Moo2 did yesterday, it means you are removing defenders into midfield/attack when you have the ball and are attacking. You have many more support players. The two central midfielders (yesterday ZZ and Holland) can alternate depending on who is best placed to sit and who supports the attack.

ZZ and a fit Reid are undroppable for me. They are are midfielders most likely to score/make goals. My team would be built around them.

Look the game is more tactical now than ever and you need to be able to change formations during a game. My view is at home you go 4-4-2 and hope your full backs can exploit space down the flanks. The opposition may only play with one up front, thus you don't need four defenders when your in possession and attacking. We can switch to 4-5-1 easily.

A couple of weeks ago I'd have gone with Semedo over Holland, but Holland has really been playing well. I wouldn't complain though if Semedo were prefered above him.

Picking your first eleven is difficult and McCarthy has impressed me of late but I'd have to go with the Sodje/Fortune combination.

I don't rate Holland and never have, for me, Semedo offers more defensivly.

You may be right but I think that a central midfield of ZZ and Reid is lightweight. I suspect that Pards agrees that ZZ and Reid are undroppable and therefore went to the 4-5-1 to accomodate both without exposing the defence.
  • Options
    I agree that its time for a 4-4-2 scenario again and, although I appreciate the efforts of Iwelumo, I feel its time for him to have a blow because when he plays we are too one dimensional.

If we don't manage to bring in any new blood before Saturday I would go with....

Weaver
    Mouataokil - Fortune - McCarthy - Youga
    Sam - Semedo - Zheng - Basey
    Varney - McLeod

I think the defence picks itself given Bougherra's shaky form and the need to rest Powell.

In midfielf, I am sorry, but I feel Semedo offers a bit more than Holland although it does not look like Pards agrees.

I have had enough of Jerome Thomas now, if we can offload we should do so. The bloke has not scored all year and has only scored 7 goals in over 100 appearances - that would be poor for a holding midfielder let alone a bloody winger.

I also hate how Thomas unbalances the side by being so right footed and cutting inside all the time, a genuine left footer would open up the pitch more and create more space for the strikers.

Basey looks good on the ball, has a great cross and is strong in the tackle, we should try him there and see how he does.

I would bite someones hand off if they came in for Thomas in the window.
  • Options
    Best 11
    Home

Randolph

Moots
    Gibbs
    Fortune
    Sodje

Holland
    ZZ
    Sam
    Basey