Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

why were the D.I.C.K. heads in the upper north

chanting for dickson yesterday ?...i thought varney and mcleod looked pretty useful and have the making of the best strikeforce pairing since mendoncca and hunt...we should stick with them now...

Comments

• Options
    Agreed ltgtr. The only effect that ridiculous chant had was to knock the already fragile confidence of McLeod. If they spent more time supporting the players actually on the pitch, we might actually win a game at home.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    i like the way mcleod runs into space, that he's fast, that he's greedy in sight of goal (it pisses me off when so-called strikers pass when they should be going for goal), that he runs into the box with the ball (if they foul him its a penalty and he's got at two for us that way this season that i can think of), that he keeps going...i thought the pairing of varney and mcleod had a touch of flash and killer about them yesterday...
  • Options
    spot on
  • Options
    and as much as i like big chris, its beginning to piss me off the when he's on the pitch our play is one dimensional...we've got some quality players, its time to give them a chance to gel...we've been unlucky with injuries and suspensions enforcing continuous changes but i thought the side that started yesterday was something we could build a team around...and by all accounts youga can play across the back so basey can fill that left back spot or beef up the midfield as he did when he came on...liked his freekick by the way...more of that please...
  • Options
    i agree, i pray this is the end of 4-5-1. we showed a buttload of promise yesterday.
  • Options
    I hope at least it is the end of it at home and we can see Varney an McLeod up front.
    Away from home I'd rather see McLeod than Iwelumo in 451.
  • Options
    Don't knock the bloke who scored last min winners this season....Bristol City, Saints.....any others. I'm sure your new mate Mcleod would have got on the end of those.

We are a bunch.......arn't we.

Moan, moan, moan!!
  • Options
    I think it was more to do with the fact that people wanted to see Dickson on rather than see McLeod off. I for one am fed-up with people getting on Mcleods back, the blokes had about 3 full games and we expect him to be ripping up trees! Chelsea paid 30 million for a striker who probably did less in his first season then Mcleod has done in the few chances he's had for about 5% of the price? What do people expect? Seriously?
  • Options
    I''ve never taken to Iwelumo really, he is okay but isn't that great in the air or at hold up play and offers very little movement. McLeod however is a real handful, he may or may not turn out to be good enough at this level, we'll have to wait and see but I'd love to see him get the sort of run in the team that big Chris has had.

Also, not Chris's fault, but with him in the team there has been a lot of hoofing the ballup to him rather than playing football - with McLeod up front and Youga and Moo2 as fullbacks I think we could expect muchmore exciting football than we have been getting.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ltgtr[/cite]chanting for dickson yesterday ?...i thought varney and mcleod looked pretty useful and have the making of the best strikeforce pairing since mendoncca and hunt...we should stick with them now...

I thought Varney worked hard and neither of them had that much in the way of service, but they didn't look that good did they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They were encouraging better more thoughtful football out of the rest of the boys. I love big Chris as was said here before the second the poor sod came on it was neck stretching time again and the start of our route one stuff.