Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ambrose on Saturday

What is the overall feeling on here with refrence to Ambrose on Saturday after reading a couple of postings here is it the minority (myself included) who thought we played with 10 men.

apart from the initial ball to ZZ for goal he did feck all,

Not one good tackle, the odd run down a blind alley , poor first touch, poor marking, no drive or urgency about tracking back, the odd shot into the away fans.

How can a player take the game by the neck against Ipswich and be so shite there after. Transfer back to town one thinks

my ratings for game

Weaver 5 (nothing to do )
Boogie 6
Mcarthey 7
Youga 8
Moots 7

Ambrose 4 (3 for the pass to zz 1 for turning up on time)
Holland 7
Sam 6
ZZ 7

Mcleod 7
Varney 7

Basey 6
Dickson 6
Iwelumeo 5

Comments

• Options
    Weaver 6
    Magic 6 McCarthy 6 Youga 7 Moo 5
    Ambrose 7 Holland 6 Sam 6 ZZ 7
    McLeod 7 Varney 6
  • Options
    1 nil to ambrose then
  • Options
    Ambrose is so inconsistent in games let alone between them, I would not have him as low as a 4 or as high as a 7 for Saturday - so 5. but don't ever expect him to tackle, now thats just plain silly!
  • Options
    1 all so far

i reckon anything less than 6 and it is a point to me, 6 and over point to Ambrose
  • Options
    I forgot Ambrose was playing for large parts of the match on Saturday. Basey did more in his 15mins out wide than Ambrose has done there all season.
  • Options
    I find Ambrose just about the most frustrating player at the club. I'm convinced he's got the talent but he just seems determined not to use it. Drives me insane.
  • Options
    3 - 1 to me i presume unless anyone disagrees

so far For Darren Ambrose read could do better on school report.

I am glad others think it is lack of effort and not lack of skill or talent because i for one think he has got bags of both just can not be bothered to use it
  • Options
    One of the most annoying players in the side, has everything to be a class above in this division, but doesn't seem to be able to do it
  • Options
    Les put a bet on for the game saturday. £1 for ambrose to score. plus a couple of other quid bets on scorers and results.
    he also turned to me after the goal and said "the choice was between a pie or a bet and I thought the bet would be more enjoyable and last longer" tee hee

ambrose is a waste of space most of the time, and i'm surprised people save up their frustration for our forwards who haven't been given a chance when ambrose floats in and out of games and rarely makes an impression. when he does do something good, its so rare, its hardly worth getting excited about as he's hardly likely to do it for another 5 games!!
  • Options
    we all saw Ambrose at his best against Ipwich - he has tyo have that free reign because he doesn't have the engine to get up and down all day and certainly doesn't have that aggressive streak in him to play central midfield and not enough pace to be a winger.

Given a free role he has that knack of making those late runs in to the box and is probably one of the best finishers at the club.

But we can't afford to give him a free rol as we don't have the players to back him up in cetnral midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]we all saw Ambrose at his best against Ipwich - he has tyo have that free reign because he doesn't have the engine to get up and down all day and certainly doesn't have that aggressive streak in him to play central midfield and not enough pace to be a winger.

Given a free role he has that knack of making those late runs in to the box and is probably one of the best finishers at the club.

But we can't afford to give him a free rol as we don't have the players to back him up in cetnral midfield.

Agree. Don't see any lack of effort on his part just not best suited to a wide role. He looks good playing off a centre forward and his goal scoring record isn't bad. He's always willing to have a shot as well.
  • Options
    watching holland and his shadow zheng on saturday i understand where you're coming from with this.

holland works his knackers off as does zheng but i can't help but think they are working for the same cause sometimes. they both seem to like having a gap to run between them and the strikers, but this isnt good enough when our strikers are finding it hard to hit the target, they have to be able to follow up with the rebound. if holland is going to sit back then zheng should be up there in the box (like he was for the goal)

I don't know whether it was cos we were sat in the west and half way between the halfway line and the 18 yard box but there were glaring gaps between the attack and midfield, defo needs sorting out.
  • Options
    Spot on Ledge. Sadly, without a good turn of pace or a very big heart, it seems difficult to justify a regular place for someone I was convinced would shine in this division (witness my wildly ambitious pre-season suggestion that he'd reach double figures!). He still might - in appearances. After waiting for and willing him to show what he can really do, I then managed to miss the bleeding Ipswich game. Such a shame because as mentioned, he's one of our better finishers, but surely isn't a winger. Perhaps he can sign for Colchester and come back to haunt us...
  • Options
    Overal score and i am taking the last 3 as pro Ambrose just to be kind as not fair to rate player who is playing in a position to which his game is not suited.

Me 5 - Ambrose (lazy bstd) 4

close but no cigar. Dont know a bout signing for Colchester but bet he does for Ipswich and then bags 2 against us
  • Options
    'Ledge sais: we all saw Ambrose at his best against Ipwich - he has tyo have that free reign because he doesn't have the engine to get up and down all day and certainly doesn't have that aggressive streak in him to play central midfield and not enough pace to be a winger.

But we can't afford to give him a free rol as we don't have the players to back him up in cetnral midfield. '

That is spot on but you couldn't change your shape even if we had the midfield. You just couldn't rely on him week in, week out as I'm not sure the desire or application is there.

Without doubt has the talent/skill.
  • Options
    It could be that his baby is keeping him awake at night and not getting enough sleep?
  • Options
    He seems to get enough sleep during matches........ ;o)
  • Options
    6 - 4 To me
  • Options
    Put one down for Ambrose from me. Think he's got good ability and when played in his correct position in the middle is a very good player.

6-5
  • Options
    getting close final whistle to blow at lunch time today with me winning 6-5
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can I vote against him 30 times?
  • Options
    Of course you can buddy i think rules state it is only me who cant

(to keep it fair make up some bollox about a survey carried out in local boozer and 30 people surveyed said he is a lazy c**t)