Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Count Basey

I was very interested to see that Basey was tried in midfield on Sat on did well by all accounts.
I've been saying for weeks that we need to find a big strong midfielder, and thought that Magic could be the man.
However it sounds like Basey could be the man instead.
I've seen that he can tackle, is good on the ball and takes a mean free kick. He can also cross good ball.
However does he have the speed and skill to attack the box? Or is he another defensive midfielder, which we already have covered with Holland & Semedo.

Comments

• Options
    Played well on sat but was slow. Though he is not fully fit yet as is Motorkil
  • Options
    Good at crossing but I do not think he can play wide from now on, he needs to learn that he has to take more responsibilty. He seemed more hesitant to me playing further forward and on a couple of occasions he failed to take advantage of the space Wednesday afforded him by passing inside. It is still early days and he will learn his "trade" with each performance.
  • Options
    started his career as a midfielder by all accounts, looked pretty good to me and put in some nice crosses....reminded me of Gareth Barry a bit