Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Minutes applause

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Just a reminder that this is happening on Saturday and that the last day to submit names (well over 100 already I'm told) is tomorrow Tuesday.

An opportunity to remember those we have lost including Adam "the Boat" Stuart whose family sent me a very moving e-mail asking that his name be included.

They said

"Adam would love to be remembered by the club and noise was certainly more his style than silence! It would be lovely for us to see his name"

Well done to Marc Harrington in the Comms team for putting the list together and Dan Bream for doing the scrolling list on big screen.

From the Club bulletin

The Charlton community will come together as one on Saturday for an inaugural tribute for those who have lost their lives in the last year - and there is still time for fans to submit names to be honoured by a minute's applause ahead of the Championship game against Blackpool.

The 60-second tribute will pay homage to those supporters, players and officials who have passed away over the last 12 months.

In addition to the applause, all the names of those who have died will appear on the big screen shortly before kick-off.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk, and fans can submit names for the tribute to marc.harrington@cafc.co.uk or via fax on 020-8850 7867.

Comments

• Options
    Henry congratulations on getting this agreed, well done.
  • Options
    Top man Henry and all concerned, this is why I love this club,
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]Top man Henry and all concerned, this is why I love this club,

Agreed mate, this is why we elected the free loader and he isn't bad at stuff like this.

Top marks to club and Ben
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    will his family actually be able to see his name on that screen?

and will the names be scrolling on the screen during the minutes applause?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]will his family actually be able to see his name on that screen?

and will the names be scrolling on the screen during the minutes applause?

I'm told the names will be the size of the players names that are up during the game.

yes the names will be scrolling during the minutes applause and again I'm told we be on screen for between 2.5 and 5 seconds.
  • Options
    well done great
  • Options
    It's gonna be a strange day, that's for sure.

Well done to all for arranging this, I've requested that my Fathers name be included in the tribute, on a day that I have sponsored the game in his memory as well.

I mentioned some time ago I think, that this season is my 40th supporting Charlton since my Dad dragged me along to the Valley to watch the Addicks play Blackpool. on the 18th of November 1967.

Although I was always going to do something to mark the occasion following the twist of fate that brought us down and Blackpool up, my Fathers death in May has added an extra poignancy to proceedings and so I decided to sponsor the match in his honour.

The Killer Clan will all be in evidence on the pitch for a match that is sponsored in memory of Tom Smith. Sort of looking forward to it and sort of not, if that makes any sense. Feel free to give us a wave, a song or, if your in the Covered End, a boo, as that seems to be the order of the day up there at the moment. ;-(

The fact that the club has chosen this match to pay the tributes is just another, in a series of coincidences surrounding the whole thing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]It's gonna be a strange day, that's for sure.

Well done to all for arranging this, I've requested that my Fathers name be included in the tribute, on a day that I have sponsored the game in his memory as well.

I mentioned some time ago I think, that this season is my 40th supporting Charlton since my Dad dragged me along to the Valley to watch the Addicks play Blackpool. on the 18th of November 1967.

Although I was always going to do something to mark the occasion following the twist of fate that brought us down and Blackpool up, my Fathers death in May has added an extra poignancy to proceedings and so I decided to sponsor the match in his honour.

The Killer Clan will all be in evidence on the pitch for a match that is sponsored in memory of Tom Smith. Sort of looking forward to it and sort of not, if that makes any sense. Feel free to give us a wave, a song or, if your in the Covered End, a boo, as that seems to be the order of the day up there at the moment. ;-(

The fact that the club has chosen this match to pay the tributes is just another, in a series of coincidences surrounding the whole thing.

I hope the day goes well for you all and that the memories are positves ones although innevitably sad as well.

I will give you a special boo to make you feel like a real Charlton player : - )
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Great stuff, to all involved good on you.

And all the best to the Killer Clan on that special day.

RIP Tom Smith.
    RIP Adam Stuart.
    RIP All Fallen CAFC.
  • Options
    I would have loved to have put forward my bro's name but he died 4 years ago. Anyway, for me every home match is in memory of him. RIP Terry

All the best for Killer Clan - a loverly touch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Killers Beard - I won't be at the game but will be thinking of you & your family at that time. Sponsoring the game is a great thing to do and it sounds like we will have some extra fans making some noise from a place higher than the Upper North on Saturday.