Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Radio London reporting a £200k bid for Stuart Fleetwood

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
has been made by Charlton.

Comments

• Options
    who he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]who he?

Forest Green striker. Leading (or close to leading) scorer in the Conference.
  • Options
    I heard that while listening on my MAC.

At this stage, it's all RUMOURS.
  • Options
    £200,000 for a non league player is bloody ludicrous - if its true of course
  • Options
    Wonderful league record the blokes got
  • Options
    eventually we might uncover a jewel with all these punts, don't hold your breath
  • Options
    hmmm....

the new Chris Dickson....
  • Options
    Im all for Pardew signing lower league players that he think will come good but at the moment I would rather go for what we need now.

We sign this fella and he'll be playing for Gillingham on loan within the week.

We have enough strikers that have potential. Spend the money on a decent centre back for gawd sake, more chance of a clean sheet with me, Louise Redknapp and Natalie Imbruglia in a threes up than watching Charlton.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]£200,000 for a non league player is bloody ludicrous - if its true of course

If it ia a straight £200K then yes I agree.

If however it is instalments based on appearances then it could be good business since, by definition, if he aint scoring he won't be playing.

Unless his name is McLeod :-)
  • Options
    He scores goals at that level but is only 5'9", so given that we already have three quick strikers under 6 foot and none of them are regular starters, you'd have to say this is either nonsense or a waste of money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is his wiki page - he has prior professional experience at Cardiff, Hereford and Accrington Stanley, but missed most of last year suffering from a virus and signed a one year deal with FGR at the beginning of this season. Given that he's scored 22 goals to date I think they'll want to cash in on him before he leaves on a free transfer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Fleetwood
  • Options
    I saw him the other week when Forest Green played at my local non-league club Sutton Utd in the FA Trophy.He was totally anonymous for 90 mins, but still managed to score 2.I think he got released by Cardiff and decided to take 1 step back to get 2 forward back into the league.
  • Options
    my mate has scored 49 goals in 20 odd appearances in the Goals league, he once had a trial with QPR as well. I'm sure "Banter Utd" would let CAFC take him off their hands for £100,000 and a crate of beer
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]my mate has scored 49 goals in 20 odd appearances in the Goals league, he once had a trial with QPR as well. I'm sure "Banter Utd" would let CAFC take him off their hands for £100,000 and a crate of beer

Bottled Beer?
  • Options
    bottled ale?

;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]bottled ale?

;)

with tops taken off : - )
  • Options
    I know that Cheltenham have made a couple of bids for Fleetwood. Maybe BBC London's snout heard wrong..
  • Options
    he is out of contract at FGR at the end of the season so I doubt it will be 200k up front, more likely 50k plus add ons. Was only released a few years ago by Cardiff as he was out of the game for 18 months recovering from injuries received in a car accident when he had to be cut from the wreckage. Has taken a step down to go back up. Welsh u21 as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy Powell[/cite]I know that Cheltenham have made a couple of bids for Fleetwood. Maybe BBC London's snout heard wrong..

Cheltenham boss says they've pulled out of chase as they can't afford him and also there was Championship interest in the player.
  • Options
    Well, that explains that!

Thanks Mart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he signs will people start shouting "Albatross" at him.
  • Options
    Looking forward to Pardews 4-3-3 line u[p with McCleod, Fleetwood and Dickson up front guaranteed goal fest.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]If he signs will people start shouting "Albatross" at him.

Most of us are too young to understand that one Henry :-)
  • Options
    Very unsure of a possible striking combination that could be:

Fleetwood Mac(Leod)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]If he signs will people start shouting "Albatross" at him.

Most of us are too young to understand that one Henry :-)

Most of them Len but not us ; - )
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Very unsure of a possible striking combination that could be:

Fleetwood Mac(Leod)

Well the transfer is only "rumours" so far
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Very unsure of a possible striking combination that could be:

Fleetwood Mac(Leod)

surely just a Rumour
  • Options
    Just hope that if he signs he'll be given a chance and people won't tell him to go his own way
  • Options
    £200k is fuck all , I know of a director who carries that sort of cash in his back pocket to away games
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Even if that's in fifties he must have really fat back pockets!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]£200k is fuck all , I know of a director who carries that sort of cash in his back pocket to away games

Please let me know who this is, so i can mug him : ) p.s you can have 10%