Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The drummer

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
not sure if they read this forum and really I don't want to sound like a moaner as I think generally they do a great job and if they weren't there the atmosphere would be even more shocking.
(as proven when they don't turn up occasionally)

but...

something that really bugs me is when Red Red Robin comes on and they try to get the crowd to sing/clap Red Army/CAFC over the top of it and to make it worse not even vaguely in time with the Red Red Robin.

Our fans struggle to clap to the along to the most basic of patterns anyway but having the drummer doing one thing and the crowd trying to do another is asking for trouble!
If your going to bang the drum at that time then at least do it in time to the music playing over the loud speakers!

...and finally... my main issue is that the moment the game kicks off the drum goes totally silent for about 15 minutes killing any momentum the crowd may have built up and setting the tone for the rest of the game.
If the first 15 minutes start off quite boisterous then it would maybe carry on that way?

I dread that time after the first whistle as "Jump Around" is faded down and you can hear everyone sitting down and preparing to be nervous!
Surely that's gotta be the time for the drummer to just go mental in a desperate attempt to create an atmosphere?!

Sorry for the rant and other than that, keep up the good work!

Comments

• Options
    I hate clapping along to RRR, so I clap normally and out of time if possible.
  • Options
    I didnt realise you were allowed to be at your seats before kick off, cant remember the last time we did.
  • Options
    I suppose even the drummer wants to watch some of the match some of the time.

Definitely makes a difference to the atmosphere when the drummer is banging away.
  • Options
    i see another operation. Operation Drum!

everyone bring a drum to the blackpool game and bang along till your hearts content throughout the game!

I see your sentiment, but surely it can't be up to 1 or 2 people to create the noise. no one pays him to bring a drum, if one person in 17,500 can bring one, surely someone else could too?
  • Options
    Think we should all chip in as there is a huge hole one side of the drum and if the other goes we are all doomed to silence

Besides that think the lads do a great job

Dop they do dedications or weddings?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Dop they do dedications or weddings?

To the tune of C - A - F - C:

YOU - ARE - MAR - RIED

I think thats the best they could do!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Dop they do dedications or weddings?

To the tune of C - A - F - C:

YOU - ARE - MAR - RIED

I think thats the best they could do!

Your- lifes -fin-ished
  • Options
    red red robin is tradition,love it.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i see another operation. Operation Drum!

everyone bring a drum to the blackpool game and bang along till your hearts content throughout the game!

I see your sentiment, but surely it can't be up to 1 or 2 people to create the noise. no one pays him to bring a drum, if one person in 17,500 can bring one, surely someone else could too?[/quote]

don't get me wrong, i think whoever does it is a absolute legend for putting the effort in.
    maybe he could hand it over to a one of you guys in the north upper for the first 15 minutes of the game, give him break!

i can just imagine the look on some of the miserable tw@ts faces in the north lower if i turned up with a drum on Sat!
    Actually that's quite tempting...
  • Options
    just to let you know one of the drummers can't make it to the palace game....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you know the drummers ross, ask 'em to sign up. Their input into all of the atmosphere discussions I would find interesting.
  • Options
    im well happy the drummers wont be at the palace game,natural atmosphere for this one,everyone will be fuelled up to sing there hearts out.
  • Options
    im not glad there not there personally just happy the atmosphere can produced naturally.
  • Options
    But will the atmosphere be produced naturally?
    Especially if we should go a goal down.

There was a drummer at Wembley 98 - and he was priceless after we went 3-2 down and not very long left.

Without that drummer stirring our fans, our Premiership years may never have happened.......
  • Options
    If Pardew doesn't like the atmosphere he can don a ra ra skirt and a set of pom poms and bounce around his technical area all game.

He's got the hump because there were no chants of Al, Al, Super Alan Pardew at the Colchester game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]But will the atmosphere be produced naturally?
    Especially if we should go a goal down.

There was a drummer at Wembley 98 - and he was priceless after we went 3-2 down and not very long left.

Without that drummer stirring our fans, our Premiership years may never have happened.......

You`ve made him blush, he`s sitting next me reading that !!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Well, TCE ....;.that day the guy possibly made all the difference.

I'll never forget his contribution to a magical day.

So pass on a big thanks to him from me!
  • Options
    lookout......i know one of the drummers. he hardly posts over on addickted, so i doubt he would post here. here's a link to our discussion about atmosphere over on addickted. remember that a lot of the posters there are teenagers, so their comments should be taken with a pinch of salt....

http://www.addickted.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=9748
  • Options
    or a few fog horns as well
  • Options
    where has Pards slagged the atmosphere off, he's been pretty good about us so far.

As for the drum, I've offered to pay for the new drum skins through the Valley Flags money, if the lads bring the receipt for them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he remarked that we should give ex players a harder time and had a snipe on the red red robin.
  • Options
    I never hear Athletic, Athletic, Athletic sung.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]he remarked that we should give ex players a harder time and had a snipe on the red red robin.

Not in the press conference nor the interview with BBC London, not accusing Addickted.net of making it up, but he's said nothing of the sort over the weekend