Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summit Talks

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
From The Sun.....ALAN PARDEW will demand a £2m transfer kitty when he holds summit talks with the Charlton board today. The Addicks boss is after Burnley striker ANDY GRAY in a £1m deal and has also targeted Colchester skipper KARL DUGUID.

I reckon they are making a mountain out of a molehill, why would he do such a risky thing Pards is at the peak of his profession.

Comments

• Options
    Household names the lot of them...
  • Options
    Speculate to accumalate surely that is the way.

If pards needs money make it available,

Yes profits are down yes we got relegated

but if we want to go up we need ambition and that means money.

I for one wanted Spurs to win by 4 or 5 last night so that Song would be free to come back on loan , Go get Routlidge on the wing from spuds on loan, Earnie up front from Derby Permanent . Go get Pressley on loan from Celtic, sell Thomas sell ambrose sell big bent. use that money to look at Duguid, Halford and the likes

we must have money somewhere 7 years in the Prem.

only 2 managers severence pay paid out in that time and one of those only 750K.

If the prem is worth 30 million instant money that means we must have a few war chest coffers somewhere.

If not spend nothing and see how we go no point spending 2 mil to get out of this league it will not get you much and def not enough to gain automatic promotion.

Play offs a lottery and imo this team will come good maybe just not quick enough for this season unfortunatly
  • Options
    Would love Song on loan but hes gone off to the african cup of nations which has put the kybosh on that one.
  • Options
    that fecks that one then, what about if we use Semedo's interpreture he looks like song do you think we could fool anyone
  • Options
    Yep it is me

havent been sitting up there though for most of this season due to working for coca cola and reasting all the corporate that i can. Back there for Saturday with me little fella though
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    There is no war chest. We have no money at all apart from what the Directors loan to the club. All the money we earned in the Premiership has gone on ground improvements & players' wages. Don't be fooled, although clubs in the Premiership earn a lot of money they spend even more. Nobody can make a profit just by being in the Premiership. Clubs all lose money. The bigger teams make their money from Europe, from cup runs & from merchandising. We will do well to rustle up £2m to spend in this transfer window.
  • Options
    Good no money i think we should stick with what we have got anyway, maybe a couple of loans and sit tight and see what happens
  • Options
    Red Pete the voice of reason. I've thought the same for a long time and am surprised how many people think they can pull money off trees to spend. There were mistakes made over the last two years and I think we will be paying for those in monetary and action terms for a long time yet.
  • Options
    can we really believe that they are only meeting today about this. Our transfer plans should have been finalised before the window opened. If we are only getting started today then we'll be lucky to get anyone in by the time the window shuts. I can't believe though that this is the case. C'mon, pull yer fingers out !!
  • Options
    Yep thats me. Rob blew his season ticket out this year and has been using mine whilst i am in the west
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Yep thats me. Rob blew his season ticket out this year and has been using mine whilst i am in the west

when whispers go wrong part 387 : - 0
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]can we really believe that they are only meeting today about this.

I'm sure Pards and Parky have routine weekly / fortnightly meetings with the chairman. I reckon this is one, and some hack has made the most of it a bit.
  • Options
    Not only that, everyone has completely missed Oakster's attempts to spin a series of Mountainous puns.
  • Options
    illiterated mountainous puns no less.