Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

lucky mascot yesterday

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
I brought along my eldest yesterday for the first time. He only turned 4 in September and thought it was too early as he hardly takes any interest in games at home on the telly. He has his own season ticket, but more because another member of the family can't always go & we felt it best to only waste £99 a season rather than £200 -odd.

He loved the atmosphere and towards the end got into clapping & singing along with the rest of us - not really into the game itself and was a bit bemused at us jumping up every time we scored. He just sat there poor lad.

We missed the 4th goal as he had to go to the loo (I wont go into details) but apart from that I think he now has to go every home game, although his grandparents have assured him its not like that every week.

Now, who was it said that Pardew had to go ?????

Comments

• Options
    Sounded like it was your boy who had to go ..... ;o)

Glad to hear he enjoyed himself, Golfie.
  • Options
    Blimey. That's a bit out of the blue. What made you suddenly decide to take him?
    In fact, what made you suddenly decide to sing again golfie?
    It really must have been a good game.
  • Options
    Did he think it was time to go Home at Half time?

My youngest did.
  • Options
    To answer Jimmy first - 'er indoors just suggested it at lunchtime yesterday. Grandparents were surprised and delighted to see him at their door with me and made sure he was well looked after. Only problem is that you now 'aint got a ticket sonny - he wants to go every week !!

To BDL - he asked a couple of times during the game but not as bad as I thought he might be. Can't beleiv ehe did the " I must go to the toilet" trick 5 mins into the 2nd half and can't beleive I missed a goal. Never missed a goal at the Valley before - did miss one at Sellout once, missed the start and we scored early doors and won 1-0. Missed a goal at the stadium of light a couple of years back and Thatchers sending off at Blackburm last season - both due to the aforementioned toilet troubles........must run in the family. !!

PS - was surprised at the amount of people on the concourse 5 mins into the 2nd half - about 5 or 6 teenagers having a laugh and obviusly not bothered about the game. Also, why all the early leavers when the added on time board went up ?????? cant you stay another 5 mins to applaud the team off. our fans, eh !
  • Options
    Still trying to get 1965jr down from Wales for a game,he should have been at the WBA cup game but his mum did not bring him down.
  • Options
    Well done Golfie Jnr amd welcome to the rollercoaster ride that is following Charlton. I thought I saw you carrying a child down the stairs during the match.
  • Options
    My 4 year old daughter went yesterday and enjoyed it but got bored towards the end of the game and i just turned to her and said 'it doesn't get much better than this darling'. It was amusing when she shouted 'you're losers oranges' after our fourth went in only for someone to say to her 'don't speak too soon'!
  • Options
    Saw him there Golfie sitting with your lot. Good intro for him.
  • Options
    Mart's & Golfie's kiddies will be posting on here in 20 years time reminiscing
    about their first Charlton match......

"It was against Blackpool, won 4-0 or 5-2. I remember we used to have a Chinaman play for us in those days.
    Scored twice that day, he was called Shanghai or something......" ;o)
  • Options
    Anybody else have stories of taking their little ones to their first match?