Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Atmosphere at the valley

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
In your own opinion do you think the atmosphere at the valley this season has been good?

Comments

• Options
    Not really, but then neither have a lot of the performances.

Hopefully they can both kick on together now.
  • Options
    Surprised by Pards comments after the game praising the atmosphere. Didn't think it was that special. He said all the right things though about the fans. He's very good at spin.
  • Options
    Probably been on here this week and seen all the flack he got for his last comments.
  • Options
    Were i was think it was very good have no voice left today

Very funny singing we can see you sneaking out & Loyal Supporters
  • Options
    Who were you singing it to? When the injury time board went up about 30% of our fans left. From all stands. Particually J & K block in the Upper North. Very odd.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Were i was think it was very good have no voice left today

Very funny singing we can see you sneaking out & Loyal Supporters

Yeah, a bit of a black spot for me that. How do you reckon the players feel having turned in the best performance in a while (not counting WBA) only to see the aisles full with people leaving?! The East and West stands I don't suprise me but to see the amount of people leaving from H & J blocks of the upper North sickened me. Why go??? En masse too they were going!
  • Options
    I know was a bit sad to see very depressing seeing so many leave

Not as if it was night game and people had to get last trains etc etc
  • Options
    Exactly, I don't get it. Surely by going to the game you are allocating your time accordingly for that day?
  • Options
    It happens every game.
    We even beat the current European Champs a few years ago and people couldn't even be bothered to stay.
    I thought it would be different this year without all the Prem fans, guess we still have a few looking for their freebie next year.

I really hope they all used the extra 5 mins they saved constructively.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I did too mate, the traffic can't be much better as there are so many of them queueing to get up/down the stairs!

Wouldn't it be a nice thought that they were trying to beat the rush at the ticket office for the replay or the Watford game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yeah i thought pards was spinning a yarn on our support for saturday, for a quite uplifting victory, albeit against a very poor side, i didn't think the atmosphere was great but then when is it
  • Options
    I think it was his way of saying it was nice not to hear boos at the full time whistle
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DJ Davey Dave[/cite]It happens every game.
    We even beat the current European Champs a few years ago and people couldn't even be bothered to stay.
    I thought it would be different this year without all the Prem fans, guess we still have a few looking for their freebie next year.

I really hope they all used the extra 5 mins they saved constructively.

On the subject of leaving early, I normally walk home after the game but on Saturday I was getting the train into town.
    I left after clapping the players off the pitch and walked to the station, got straight onto a train and got a seat.

I always presumed people were rushing out because getting the train was a nightmare but obviously not.
  • Options
    When we scored our first goal, the crowd had just been doing a loud "c.a.f.c" chant and as everyone was celebrating Pards turned to the crowd and clapped the upper north and gave them a thumbs up. it was a very public display of his pleasure that the crowd helped for the goal.

A nice touch I thought!
  • Options
    It just shows that if the crowd get behind the team.......not only does it lift the players right from the start
    but players & management appreciate the positive atmosphere too.

I bet the Valley boo boys had a rotten day........
  • Options
    good to hear some different chants on saturday as well, compared to the usual red army, cafc and vfr. heard build a bonfire, we are charlton and oh south london iirc
  • Options
    I don't like how the drummer only tries to get C-A-F-C and red army going, two very boring chants. As ross said it was good to hear other chants and also having vocal chords warmed up for Palace!
  • Options
    FOD - I tend to agree, but think of them as "fluffers".

Everyone knows them, theyre simple and easy to join in with and get people in the mood.....