Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA YOuth Cup this week - Anyone going?

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Quite fancy seeing some of the kids like Wagstaff and Jon Jo. £3 to get in is a bit steep. ; -0

And they beat the Palace kids 4 - 1 on Saturday

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=31813&newstype=m

Comments

• Options
    i might be going, depends on how work pans out... can i get in for free with my valley gold card??
  • Options
    I'm going! quite looking forward to it!
  • Options
    i'm going, but very disappointed its not free to ST holders.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

well, what's left of the Palace kids seeing as most of them are in their first team !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

well, what's left of the Palace kids seeing as most of them are in their first team !!

i watched some of that game (my team play next door to palace's training ground & we were early at the ground!)
    Looked a good game from what i could see over the fence!
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]

two maybe.
  • Options
    Palace had 5 teenagers involved in there cup game against Watford last week and 3 involved against Wolves on saturday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'm going, but very disappointed its not free to ST holders.

Think i read somewhere that this is down to the FA, not the club so Charlton have to charge for entry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i'm going, but very disappointed its not free to ST holders.

really? its not even a fiver to get in!
  • Options
    It has always been the case that there is an admission price for FA youth cup games. This an FA ruling, nothing to do with Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]Palace had 5 teenagers involved in there cup game against Watford last week and 3 involved against Wolves on saturday.

Are they all under 18s though?

But yes point taken they have some youngsters out just like we have Wright out on loan
  • Options
    Scannell is 17, Moses is 16 i think, and Bostock is 15. Other 2 are 18
  • Options
    Spot on Sidcup.

Looking forward to the game on wednesday. It's a shame that Josh Wright has gone back to Barnet as I have still not seen the kid play and I have heard nothing but positive reports from his loan spell at Barnet.

I seem to remember Mark Robson leading a charlton youth side to a 2 leg FA youth semi final agaisnt Man United and Lloyd Sam taking my eye as a player who would go on to make the first team. Or when Colin Clarke took a charlton youth team (Gordon Watson, Jason Lee, Scott Minto)to the FA Youth Cup final against Coventry in 87. We drew the first game 1-1 at Selhurst, but lost the 2nd leg.

Whatever happened to Colin Clarke? So many good players came though the ranks when he was youth team manager.
  • Options
    any more takers for tonight?
  • Options
    i'm going tonight, looking forward to it. Will hopefully pop in Bartrams beforehand if i have time.

Not just Colin Clarke Amos, remember we had a very well respected youth coach at the time (Cartwright?), think he went on to work with England youth.
  • Options
    Not at the same time as Colin Clarke, AFKA. John Carwright took over as youth team coach from Colin Clarke in 1991/92. He joined the club at the same time when Curbs and Gritty took over as joint managers. He was only with us for 1 season (Neil Banfield took over and I believe he is now at Arsenal). John Cartwright left us for a job with the FA and he then ended up at Palace as youth coach when Venables was in charge during the Goldberg era.
  • Options
    cheers Amos.

If i remember correctly, Cartwright was one of the first 'result doesn't matter, its all about development' to be involved at that level. Big ethos on playing the game the right way, composed from the back etc.
  • Options
    See anyone in Bartrams then.

Does anyone know if the car park is open to anyone?
  • Options
    I might have a wander along - will see how I feel later.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spot on AFKA. He was very much like that and was always of the opinion that youth football was about getting the players techinque right, not so much about results. Both Richard Rufus and Shaun Newton played under Cartwright. Even tho they were not in the youth team at the time of John Cartwright he still trained the likes of Lee Bowyer and Jamie Stuart as well.
  • Options
    i'll go to bartrams too then, see you there....will find out about car park....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]i'll go to bartrams too then, see you there....will find out about car park....

cheers.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I stand corrected. According to the CPFC official site they had 7 players unavailable - 4 were in the first team squad and 3 injured.

Oh, and they refer to us as their "local rivals". Says who?

http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Academy/0,,10323~1216556,00.html
  • Options
    Car Park will not be available for the public tonight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Car Park will not be available for the public tonight.

Youth team have to park their (Baby) Bentley's somewhere......... :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Car Park will not be available for the public tonight.
    Boooo....

I'll make a decision on the train home i think. £3 seems fair enough for a bit of banter and footy!
  • Options
    er its not that scary parking your cars on the roads around the valley you know or you are thinking it will be too busy to park?
  • Options
    i think they're just lazy and can't be arsed to walk to be honest!
  • Options
    I am going also should be giggle and looking forward to seeing Jon Jo and wagstaff