Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mirror rumour

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
according to said bastion of truth we are now trying to sign Michael Turner, after we failed to get Darren Purse. If it comes to pass it is another reason to salute Mr Curbishley

Comments

• Options
    I heard Celtic were after him.

I hope not. He's far too slow....
  • Options
    Saw him play for us in a pre-season friendly and he looked pretty slow
  • Options
    Chapple was slow but a good defender

Jorge Costa was slow but a tremendous defender
  • Options
    Chapple and good in the same sentence is ludicrous.

I thought Turner did ok at The Valley but he is no better than we already have, pointless signing.
  • Options
    I remember upsetting Turner in that pre season he played in at welling , we were all debating who he was so i shouted out "oi you , yeah you , who are you?"
  • Options
    Would please his other half, if he moved to a club nearer to London. He was recently linked with a move to Celtic and after speaking to his brother in law, he confirms that a bid was made, but turned down by Hull.

Personally i don't think he is any better than the lot we have now. However i still think we need another centre half.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Chapple and good in the same sentence is ludicrous.

Good riddance? the great thing about phil chapple was when you looked at him he looke dlike he was running at 100 miles an hour, but the ground underneath him just stayed there.