Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

King to Fulham.

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
£5m fee agreed. Nice timing for us!

Comments

• Options
    Good for us, but don't see the point for King. He's going to a club that's on its way down.
  • Options
    wasnt he comparable to Bent once, big price difference, was he near the end of his contract?
  • Options
    Collins John is going the other way as well is he?
  • Options
    As Golfie isn't posting and there is a real lack of negative/realistic posts can I just say that that means they have £5m to spend.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]As Golfie isn't posting and there is a real lack of negative/realistic posts can I just say that that means they have £5m to spend.

They have already earmarked that for Markus Bent and Amdy Faye
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]As Golfie isn't posting and there is a real lack of negative/realistic posts can I just say that that means they have £5m to spend.

They have already earmarked that for Markus Bent and Amdy Faye

God I would hope we could hold out for more than £5 million for the pair of them. same old Charlton buy high sell low
  • Options
    was going to comment on this, but seeing as Henry's just had a pop I think I'd might as well just go back to sleep................ zzzzzzzzzzzzz

just remember, put money on Collins John scoring on saturday against us.
  • Options
    Didn't King say only about a week ago that he didn't fancy going to a team that he thought Watford would be switching places with next season. Wonder what reception he will get from fulham after that...
  • Options
    I suspect Fulham may pay higher wages than Watford, just a thought....
  • Options
    Good deal imo by Watford. Fulham may have paid too much here, but such is the January window. Good deal to get John in for the rest of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just emphasises the great deal we got with Benty.

£16.5m for our top man, £5m for theirs....
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Just emphasises the great deal we got with Benty.

£16.5m for our top man, £5m for theirs....[/quote]

To be fair AFKA, Benty had done the biz in the Prem for two seasons (in a crap side) whereas Marlon King has only briefly flickered in the Prem.

Prem goals are worth at least double any goals in the Champs, probably more.
  • Options
    oh i know Ormy, what i meant was i'm convinced had King not got that terrible injury, he would of scored goals last season and would of been catapulted up into a different category.

We managed to keep Darren just about fit enough to get top value for him.
  • Options
    Agreed, I think King will score goals in the Prem as well, he's kind of a souped up version of Marcus Bent, but good.

I reckon whoever picks up Benty from Spurs for 12 million will be getting a bargain because he will definitely come good again if he gets a run of games.
  • Options
    It ain't a stretch to think we'll meet Watford in the play-offs. Hands up who thinks they'll be a better side without him? Think we we got lucky with this one.

S.