Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What did you make of Faye ?

edited August 2006 in General Charlton
I was relatively happy for a home debut. Done the bits and pieces needed, one poor pass let him down, but other than that i think he gives us a bit of snap in the middle and gets his foot in. Could be a decent acquisition.

Holland on the other hand....there is little to really dislike about Holland, unfortunately there is nothing to like either.

Our midfield is going to be our downfall yet again.

Comments

• Options
    Well I think Faye has come a year too late. He would have worked well with Murphy.

Holland is finished as a Premier League player, the way he gave up as Ole ran past him to score the third was plain laughable
  • Options
    i know it wasnt just him either but i just dont understand how Saha was allowed so much time on the edge of the box to turn and shoot (great finish though)
  • Options
    Thought Faye was the only positive from the evening.

El Kakouri is a liability, particularly in central defence. Hughes is a liability full stop. A couple of goals against lower league opposition in a cup competition isn't enough.
  • Options
    With the exception of Faye there was no bite or aggression from the midfield. And as for creativity... it changed a bit when Romm came on but it was all over by then.

In the last two games, have we played the worse midfield line-up since we returned to the Prem? In the pasrt we have always had Kinsella or Parker for the fight and Jensen, Di Canio or even Murphy for the creativity...
  • Options
    personally I thought Faye did pretty well, at least he's not afraid to get stuck in which is more than can be said for Holland and Hughes....thought Ambrose did pretty well to
  • Options
    Ambrose was the only player with an ounce of skill playing last night for us.
  • Options
    Agree with Brisie12, thought Faye was excellent. For saturday I'd drop holland, hughes and tek. Bring in Reid, Kish (or Romm is you want to be more attacking) and Traore.

Carson

Young
    Fortune
    Traore
    HH

Kish/Romm
    Ambrose
    Faye
    Reid

Bent
    JFH
  • Options
    From the TV I thought Faye had a good game, he helped keep Man U quiet in the centre, so of course they just shifted the ball to Giggs and Ronaldo. I agree that Holland and Hughes are finished, we need some creativity in there to make something happen. As the game wore on we became predictable and easy to defend against. Let's face it Holland/Hughes were never going to create anything. Faye was one of the few positives. I'm loathe to put too much blame on the defense, they were under pressure and you are going to make mistakes and against a team with talented players one or two of those mistakes will result in goals. Man U made a couple of mistakes, Ambrose's shot was deflected over, we could have had a penalty.

I'm happy that the team worked hard and made Man U sweat for the points, which hasn't always been the case.
  • Options
    Thought Faye was excellent, does the water carrier role well, gets it and uses it simply and effectivly.

My bigger problem was the lack of width last night until Rom came on.
  • Options
    Agree that Faye was a plus point. Does the water carrier role as Rothko says and does that well but needs someone else to bring the creativity to the side. I'd like to see Kish alongside him to give us some more bite then Bolanos/Ambrose/Romm/Ried giving the invention and service to Bent and JFH.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless we have have at least two on the pitch at all times out of Ambrose, Romm, Thomas, Reid and Bolanos then we are going to be an extremely easy side to work out and defend against this season.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    [cite]Posted By: randy_andy[/cite]Agree with Brisie12, thought Faye was excellent. For saturday I'd drop holland, hughes and tek. Bring in Reid, Kish (or Romm is you want to be more attacking) and Traore.

Spot on Randy- Holland & Hughes were anonymous- El Kak- dangerous

Faye would have been better if he wasn't doing 3 players work- as would have Ambrose, who i personally think will be a shining light for us this season- hope it's not the only one in a very dull season!
  • Options
    Thought he was excellent. Broke up play, passed it to someone more able to create.... Hang on! Bingo! Thats where it all went wrong.......(light bulb appears over head)
  • Options
    thought faye was supposed to be the protection for el kak and fortune,both of whom were utterly attrocious.but i am going to ignore that and jump on the bandwagon and put all the blame on hughes and holland.
  • Options
    One of the few positives to come out of a depressing night
  • Options
    Think its all too easy to blame Hughes and Holland for last night.

I thouught Faye looked, lazy, cumbersome and most importantly uninterested.

Looks like he could be a Vieira but hasnt got a tenth of the ability. Would love to have seen his stats last night cos I honestly dont remember him contributing.

Having said that Ive only seen him once so too early to get on his back, just reminds me of when Murphy started.

Ambrose and Romm late on were are only midfielders of note.

I would go 4-5-1 on Saturday, Faye and Kish holding the midfield, Ambrose as the central playmaker, Reid (or Hughes, sigh) on the left and Romm on the right bursting forward to create 2 up front when necessary. Kish will cover the right if need be.

Obviously Bent up front as JFH is a minimum stone overweight.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Holland got back well to concede a corner in the first five minutes and he had a shot in the first half which, although always going wide, was at least a sign of attacking intent. Apart from that he ran around (slowly) in an attempt to track players, rarely getting in a meaningful tackle. His passes were all sideways or backwards. I cannot remember one forward pass. In the second half he looked tired and did much the same, just less of it.

I'm loath to be too critical of Hughes since, as others have said, he is really out of position on the left. He did help cover Hermann against the Portuguese tw4t but, like Holland, offered little or nothing going forward. I cannot remember him making a meaningful pass and passing is one thing he can normally do.

We cannot play both of them at the same time in a 4-4-2. If we have to choose one my choice would be Hughes.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    I think the problem is our manager, perhaps Dowbishley should have watched the season video for the last half of last season.. I felt like demanding a refund for my ST, positive attacking football my arse!

no width
    no wingers
    no pace
    no aerial ability
    no passion
    no bite

no point
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Think its all too easy to blame Hughes and Holland for last night.

I thouught Faye looked, lazy, cumbersome and most importantly uninterested.

Looks like he could be a Vieira but hasnt got a tenth of the ability. Would love to have seen his stats last night cos I honestly dont remember him contributing.

Having said that Ive only seen him once so too early to get on his back, just reminds me of when Murphy started.

Ambrose and Romm late on were are only midfielders of note.

I would go 4-5-1 on Saturday, Faye and Kish holding the midfield, Ambrose as the central playmaker, Reid (or Hughes, sigh) on the left and Romm on the right bursting forward to create 2 up front when necessary. Kish will cover the right if need be.

Obviously Bent up front as JFH is a minimum stone overweight.
    perhaps only Southend Addick could see things as they really were!?
  • Options
    just read my first post. Ouch !!!

Sorry Matt :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and Faye was utter tripe mate.....
  • Options
    ha ha just read mine too...
  • Options
    I'm glad I never posted on this thread because I hate Faye more than Halford
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]I'm glad I never posted on this thread because I hate Faye more than Halford
    Oh Ledge, but look here:

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=656&page=1#Item_3
  • Options
    shit WSS you mo fo

AFKA sack this bitch LOL

Oh dear can't believe I said that. How god damned quick was that. Out of order wanna put a complaint in - I reckon you edited that post.

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH LOL