Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Transfer type stuff

WSSWSS
edited January 2008 in General Charlton
CHARLTON boss Alan Pardew has revealed the club have received no offers for striker Marcus Bent, despite his sizzling form for loan club Wigan, writes Rob Kelly.

The 29-year-old striker is the top English scorer in the Premier League with seven goals,but despite the Latics having first option on Bent for a set £1million fee, the South Londoners have heard nothing.

"We have an agreement in place with Wigan for Marcus and we're a little bit surprised that they haven't taken up the option on him yet," Pardew said.

"I'm also surprised I haven't had a call from other Premier League managers wanting to sign him because his form has been very good this year.

"If things don't work out with Wigan, for sure Marcus could have a future with us - he's still under contract with the club.

"I have a good relationship with Marcus and it's nice to see him doing so well at the moment.

"There were some financial pressures on us after we were relegated and Marcus was a victim of that - but it has taken him to the Premier League and he's shown what he can do."

And following the capture of Burnley striker Andy Gray, Pardew hopes to add another new signing before the transfer window slams shut in six days' time.

"We have tried to run with a budget that would be good enough for promotion and one that is workable in this division and we are probably even on that," the Valley supremo said.

"I think there's a possibility that we could bring another player in but I am expecting one or two to go out.

"I look at the league and the Championship is very, very tight, and the Premier League is also very, very tight down the bottom. That's where all the movement is likely to take place and I am expecting a big last week.

"We will be on our guard because there will be a lot of nervous chairmen and managers in the Premier League looking at the best players in the Championship.

"I took a phone call very late one time when I lost Jermain Defoe and gained Bobby Zamora and £6million. I wasn't expecting that to happen so sometimes a situation is out of a manager's control.

"The chairmen can dictate things and rightly so.It's their club.

"I would like to loan out Therry Racon, though.

"He's been in England for a few months now and we've had some French clubs who want him on loan but I would like him to learn the English game because my long-term plan is for him here.

"I want to see him out there playing regularly. He did so well at Bristol City but since then he hasn't really had a chance because of the form of my other midfield players.So he could do with a loan move."

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like he's just making sure everybody knows he's available to me. Tictacs.
  • Options
    should imagian it will go mad the last few days in January,loan deals, and no doubt someone such as Derby will want to a deal on Bent, he wont come back, especially with his doris up in Manchester, mind u after seeing her in Im A Celebrity dont blame him, no wonder he kept getting groin strains
  • Options
    Whos his bird then?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]should imagian it will go mad the last few days in January,loan deals, and no doubt someone such as Derby will want to a deal on Bent, he wont come back, especially with his doris up in Manchester, mind u after seeing her in Im A Celebrity dont blame him, no wonder he kept getting groin strains

Is that the bird that was in Hollyoaks? I thought she binned him.
  • Options
    yep i am with her now

top bird pulls out all the tricks
  • Options
    Really, no wonder his energy levels have shot up then, not Pete Tongs new bird is she, i would have thought she had eough doe to buy a TV licenece,
  • Options
    What is Pards talking about? Nobody apart from Wigan can play Bent this season because of the same FIFA 3 team rule that is stopping Faye going to Blackburn.
  • Options
    FIFA allowed Mascerano to have special dispensation for Liverpool last year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]FIFA allowed Mascerano to have special dispensation for Liverpool last year.

I believe they have also allowed Faye to go to Blackburn, if Blackburn want him.
  • Options
    I've just had a quick look, and it seams that nobody takes any notice of FIFA's 3 team rule. Over 10 players have played for 3 clubs this season already (including Chris Dickson) and that is only looking at the Championship squads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i thought that the 3 team rule only applied to permanent transfers and not loans. like sygonrima said dickson has played for three teams this season, with 2 of the teams being on loan. maybe blackburn can loan him till the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal?
  • Options
    I thought it was to do with the different countries FA administrations, including Scotland, Wales & Ireland.

If he's loaned within the England FA, I don't think there's any problem, as plenty of players at all levels seem to be able to make multiple loan moves in the same season.

Whether the Prem has it's own rules, I don't know - and no doubt permanent transfers are regarded differently.
  • Options
    Thomas has been linked with a move to Portsmouth according to SSN.£1.5 mil.
    Reidy to Sunderland also linked. £2.5 mil.
  • Options
    We'd be mugs to sell either at those derisory prices.

Double them and it might be worth considering!
  • Options
    Reidy 2.5 mil.... that would be an absolute joke...

considering all potential moeny to be gained...
  • Options
    Ipswich have just lost their keeper to Rangers
  • Options
    3 team rule explained in last night's programme. short term loan deals don't count, which is why dickson playing for 3 teams this year was allowed
  • Options
    If Dickson was fit, would he have been allowed to play for a fourth team if loaned out?