Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Portishead

edited January 2008 in Not Sports Related
Anyone else get tickets for the gigs in April? Just got mine for the extra date at Brixton

Comments

• going to see them at coachella in southern california where there are loads of other great acts as well.

In fact April looks pretty good gig wise as I'm going to see Justice, with Diplo, Hot Chip and Simian Mobile Disco within a couple of weeks. Work will be hard for that period.
  • I saw them just over 11 years ago at Brixton, on their last UK tour.(Bloody hell! 11 years!:)

It was fecking amazing! Their show & performance were sublime. I thought they were only playing at the ATP Festival(which they are also curating) this year!?!

One of the best live sounds I've heard at Brixton, as it can be really cack in there sometimes.

Gonna have to get in touch with a chum who works at Brixton for a slot on the guest list(oh yar daaarling!:) As it'll probably be sold out before I move my ass for a ticket.(I do prefer putting cash in bands pockets, honest!;)

You are in for a treat Rothko!
  • I love Portishead. Dummy was a defining album of my teenage years although I thought they never got close to it with the 2nd album or the Beth Gibbons album. Def recommend their first to anyone who hasnt heard them.
  • [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]I love Portishead. Dummy was a defining album of my teenage years although I thought they never got close to it with the 2nd album or the Beth Gibbons album. Def recommend their first to anyone who hasnt heard them.

I'm in the process right now of listening to both again, and I do think the second album is a big progression, very atmospheric and focussed, full of big, cinematic alienation. Love em both
  • [cite]Posted By: Stefco[/cite]I saw them just over 11 years ago at Brixton, on their last UK tour.(Bloody hell! 11 years!:)

It was fecking amazing! Their show & performance were sublime. I thought they were only playing at the ATP Festival(which they are also curating) this year!?!

One of the best live sounds I've heard at Brixton, as it can be really cack in there sometimes.

Gonna have to get in touch with a chum who works at Brixton for a slot on the guest list(oh yar daaarling!:) As it'll probably be sold out before I move my ass for a ticket.(I do prefer putting cash in bands pockets, honest!;)

You are in for a treat Rothko!

I can't wait mate, really looking forward to it
  • Don't want to upset the applecart here but I cannot get them and I have tried but they just don't flick my switch