Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Opposition View Stoke v Charlton

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
We ask the same questions of every team we are about to play, so hopefully some of you can answer the questions below for us. The answers will be featured on Delilahs forum (on the link below) and also on our blog.

How do you feel about the season from a Charlton perspective so far ?

Any big news at the club at the moment?

Who are your players to watch?

Any injuries affecting your team selection for the game?

How do you view Stoke City this season?

Whats the best place for away fans to drink?

Your Prediction on the score?

Delilahs Forum http://www.Delilahs.co.uk

Comments

• Options
    we've had some bad home defeats but have a knack of scoring late away from home to grab point(s). we need a decent run asap to try to push for the automatic promotion places, but there are a lot of clubs that are saying the same.
    andy gray should make his home debut after £1.5m signing from burnley
    my personal favourite is zheng zhi. a midfielder who has bags of energy, has scored 9 goals so far and doesn't shirk his defensive responsibility. imo would be a premiership player if it weren't for the fact his work permit only allows him to play for us.
    reid has been out for about a month now, todorov is out for the season and sodje (on loan from reading) has been out. if fit, all 3 would be involved.
    hard working, typical 'battling' side. with proven lower league goalscorers (fuller, cresswell & lawrence), i'm not surprised they are in a play off place.
    antigallican is right opposite the station (2 minutes from ground) and is the designated away pub, (though with it having a refurb recently, that may change next season).
    Your Prediction on the score?
    1-1
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    How do you feel about the season from a Charlton perspective so far ? A little disappointed as i think it's a poor league and we have a team who should be doing more

Any big news at the club at the moment? We won't know till Feb 1st as rumours suggest Jerome Thomas or Andy Reid may leave

Who are your players to watch? Gray and Varney up front and Youga and Moo2 at the back

Any injuries affecting your team selection for the game? Reid, Thatcher, Gibbs and Todorov all injured

How do you view Stoke City this season? I think you're doing well and your physical side is ideal for this league. You got Shawcross for a bargain too.

Whats the best place for away fans to drink? Antigallican oppo the train station, nicest pub in Charlton now.

Your Prediction on the score? Ugly game but 3-1 to Charlton.
  • Options
    edited January 2008

Its been up and down, not quite what it said on the box, before we were relegated.

Not really, Andy Gray has come in and we are expecting a couple of players to go out, maybe Jerome Thomas, rumours that Keane is in for Reidy.

ZZ has performed in recent months after a settling in period. Ambrose has begun to look the part, but his inconsistency means that it may have just been a passing phase.

Sodje, is due back, having put his hand through a window, while banned. Reidy and Thatcher are both recovering, but not due back till mid Feb at the earliest, Todorov may never come back and who is Cory Gibb?

Bloody tough outfit, but they have the ability and confidence to come at us, which is better for us.

As mentioned Antigallican is the away pub, but there is also the Rose Of Denmark, which is a mixed pub pre match and very hospitable, for the last six years a group photo has been taken with visiting fans and these can be seen on the pub walls. For the RoD, turn left out of Charlton station, left onto the wolwich rd, keep going and the RoD is just past the BP garage.

Score

2-1 - Gray, Iwelumo. Fuller

Enjoy the game, but please go home dissapointed.
  • Options
    How do you feel about the season from a Charlton perspective so far ? Mixed. Some good results, some awful ones, likewise with performances. Pleased to be not too far from the top but did think we'd be more cemented inside the play-off places by now. However, we seem to have turned the corner lately on the field, got players back from injury, settled on a formation that actually works and we should have beaten both west brom and watford away (and got to double figures against blackpool) if we had a bit more luck and finishing ability - so I'm still very optimistic going into the business end.

Any big news at the club at the moment? Not really. Bit quiet on the incoming front, would like two more players myself, even if they were just a couple of short terms to rejuvenate the squad. Ground breaking news that a Professional (let alone Premiership) team wants Amdy Faye - I'll drive him there myself. Hope the Reid saga doesn't come to a very familiar end Jan 31st a la Parker and Murphy.

Who are your players to watch? Zheng Zhi is on a hot streak, box to box in the middle of the park and adding goals left right and centre. Paddy McCarthy is a changed person from the unconfident error-ridden start to the season as well. Varney will hassle with his pace and good touches hopefully striking a good rapport with Gray.

Any injuries affecting your team selection for the game? Reidy is a huge loss

How do you view Stoke City this season? Very very hardworking outfit, maybe overly physical (which we really struggle to cope with) but getting the job done. Every bit as strong as I thought - wasn't surprised to lose at yours, thought it would be one of the toughest trips of the season

Whats the best place for away fans to drink? anti/rose of denmark

Your Prediction on the score? very tight 2-1 home win, with gray's first cafc goal