Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Good interview with Younga

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
on the OS

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=31877&newstype=p

Comments

• Options
    good old O/S

Competition for a left-back berth at The Valley is fierce. Ben Thatcher is closing in on a return to fitness having resumed training on Monday following his knee operation, while Chris Powell offers plenty of experience and Cory Gibbs is also nearing a return to training.

Not a mention of a certain Grant Basey but there is of a player been here for yonks and not played a game.

Bet Basey loved that LOL
  • Options
    I think you missed a bit

'Competition for a left-back berth at The Valley is fierce. Ben Thatcher is closing in on a return to fitness having resumed training on Monday following his knee operation, Chris Powell offers plenty of experience and Grant Basey youthful promise, while Cory Gibbs is also nearing a return to training.
  • Options
    has anyone heard him speak? his english appears to be very good...
  • Options
    Going to be a tough call when Thatch is back, some experience and no-nonsense attitude wouldn't go amiss - but hopefully Pards will stick with Youga while he is doing well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]has anyone heard him speak? his english appears to be very good...

Peanut man and myself spent the evening with him at the Sponsors do in 2006. His English was fine (certainly better than my French) though Jason Euell did have to explain to him some of the finer points of our South London tongue.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]has anyone heard him speak? his english appears to be very good...

He has been living here for about 2-3 years now hasn't he? You'd expect him to have learnt the language in that time
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Someone reads this board.... the article has now been amended to:

"Competition for a left-back berth at The Valley is fierce. Ben Thatcher is closing in on a return to fitness having resumed training on Monday following his knee operation, Chris Powell offers plenty of experience and Grant Basey youthful promise, while Cory Gibbs is also nearing a return to training."