Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

LATEST POLL: Charlton v Stoke

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Big home game tonight, 5th v 4th, style vs brawn etc.

What will the result be and how do you see the game going ?

Comments

• Options
    Hard fought home win for me, they will give it their all to make things difficult for us, possibly take the lead, but we will come on strong attacking the Covered End in the 2nd half.

2-1 to the Addicks
  • Options
    Same scoreline for me, 2-1 to us.
    They don't give much away, have lost fewer games than anyone in this division and are on a decent unbeaten run (9-10 games??), but i feel we've turned a corner and stepped up a bit in the past 2-3 weeks and should have enough to nick it
  • Options
    2-0 for me and comfortable at that. Moves us up to 4th with that result as well.

Ever the optimist.
  • Options
    Fuller to score first for them but then a Varney brace and a goal for Gray on his home debut.

Charlton 3 - 1 Stoke
  • Options
    6th v 4th Gotta be a 2-2 draw with Varney on the score sheet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]6th v 4th Gotta be a 2-2 draw with Varney on the score sheet.
    We're 5th so it'll be 2-0!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Ever the optimist.

Don't let OooAaah catch you posting that ...... ;o)
  • Options
    A dodgy ref (in our favour) sends one of theirs of early and gives us an equally dodgy pen.

5-0 to us.
  • Options
    2-0 by half time - Gray and Ambrose.
  • Options
    I'm also hoping that Sheff Utd and Preston can take their weekend results into tonight and do us favours.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I'm also hoping that Sheff Utd and Preston can take their weekend results into tonight and do us favours.
    Sadly, it usually goes the other way.
  • Options
    But WBA won Salad, does that mean a draw?
  • Options
    3-0 to us.
  • Options
    3-1 Charlton, 1-0 up early doors. Late goal in second half to make sure of the points.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]But WBA won Salad, does that mean a draw?
    Frayed knot - just meant that an unexpected cup victory is usually followed by a defeat.
  • Options
    2-1 to us.....late Dickson winner
  • Options
    Just can't see us winning tonight. 2-2 with a late equaliser from Big Chris.
  • Options
    2-1 win late winner from gray
  • Options
    I'l be there tonight, first game since the convincing display against Leicester, I suggest more of the same, 2 early goals ending in an easy 2-0 win, stroking the ball around all 2nd half making them chase shadows...
  • Options
    Charlton win, Stoke will be stubborn hard to break down and will try and out muscle us in midfield.

A debut goal for Andy Gray.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-1 we'll slaughter them and put another good performance in without the result
  • Options
    I gone for a win, I think we're a bit better equipped now to deal with teams trying to kick us off the pitch...I hope so anyway!
  • Options
    2-1 to them.

there, i've said it. The 22 previous posts had 20 going for a CAFC win and 2 for the draw - hardly representative or logical of recent form.

Not being pessimistic but trying to be balanced.
  • Options
    LOL

It shouldn't be about what everyone else is saying, it should be about what you alone think.

And you still haven't voted.

Out of interest, can you see the poll at the top / able to vote ?

Would be interested to know if some people can't see them.
  • Options
    Golfie, is it the one defeat (in 90 minutes) in the last 8 games that you think we'll lose or are you just "balancing" the opinion for the sake of it??

You do make me chuckle.

I can see the poll.
  • Options
    So can i.

I reckon it will be a draw...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Golfie, is it the one defeat (in 90 minutes) in the last 8 games

or the 1 victory in our last 9 ;-)
  • Options
    2-0 down quickly then rally to 2-2 (Gray 60, OG 89)
  • Options
    I'll go for a draw.

Stoke are an effective side at what they do and we often struggle against physical sides.

Plus we never win when I drive and im driving tonight. Wont be for Palace though :)
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Us to win 2-0. Am after bragging rights with one of my friends who supports Stoke.