Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jeremy beadle. r.i.p.

Just heard news he has died at 59. Made some classic television.

Comments

• Options
    Is this a wind up?

Where's the camera?
  • Options
    Are you having a tickle? What did he die of?
  • Options
    He had pneumonia, had been in ill-health for some time.

link
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    sad news,feel really sad for him and hes family,always made me laugh that show.
  • Options
    I was in the studio audience for Game For A Laugh circa 1985. I had recently torn my hamstring and couldn't bend my leg. I sat at the end of the row with my leg in the aisle. Beadle spotted this from the top of the stairs where they used to run down from. He ran down and nicked my shoe and sock. In the opening of the show as he ran down the stairs you can see my bare foot sticking out.
    My parents have it VHS, I might stick it on Youtube!
    He was a very clever man. He used to do a radio show on LBC Sunday nights in the late 70's. It was excellent.
    I liked him.
  • Options
    put it on youtube would like to see that.
  • Options
    Just heard the news,RIP Jeremy.
  • Options
    Very fashionable to knock him but made some good fun TV and I believe a decent bloke. Sad to see his demise.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I never thought he was funny either, some OK TV maybe not good and certainly not great.

He was no Kenneth WIlliams was he.
  • Options
    Decent bloke and made millions for charity too. I thought he was funny.

RIP
  • Options
    Easy to form opinions one way or another on TV people you've never met, but i'll say i really enjoyed listening to him on the radio, a very intelligent guy, and sad to hear this news.

RIP
  • Options
    Agreed on his LBC radio work back in the day - did some really good work.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Beadles about was fantastic TV never missed it when younger.

the people going nutts when their porch had been destoyed or windows not in compliance with building regs blinding absolutely belly larffing marvellous.

RIP mr Beadle done alot for lukemia charities as well without always shouting about it
  • Options
    He was local as well he went to school in crayford i think.
  • Options
    St Mary Cray, according to his obituary.
  • Options
    I used to love the LBC show - something like 10PM to midnight on Sunday evenings, he made some good TV programmes, but there was too much ratings chasing car crash TV in there which I think he recognised and so he did other stuff when that started to get repetitive.

He also made millions for leukaemia research.
  • Options
    I loved beadles about as a child.

Remember the bloke with the white transit van when he pushed it into the water with all his livelihood in the back of the van. classic!

I did hear yesterday morning that he was slipping away. bless him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hear they are going to show his cremation on TV and call it 'You've been Flamed'
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fish[/cite]Decent bloke and made millions for charity too. I thought he was funny.

RIP

Been reading about him, can't say i was a fan of his show, but it was a rating winner, but more to the point was the work that he did for charity and that deserves the OBE he got. When you look around at some of the people that get these awards, you don't realise that there are people around who really do work for theirs.

Mind you, I half expect him to jump out fo the coffin at the funeral .. now that would be a classic jape
  • Options
    didnt take long Brunello must amit i did chuckle bet by 2morrow there will be loads
  • Options
    sorry.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]I hear they are going to show his cremation on TV and call it 'You've been Flamed'
    Why does this guy get ridiculed all of the time.

He's been dealt a shite hand in life really.
  • Options
    Top man, generated a lot of money for charity and 59 is no age at all these days. RIP Jeremy
  • Options
    expect to see re-runs all of his shows now on TV.

In the Graveyard slot.
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    have a funny feeling he would have chuckled at that joke Westside.

RIP
  • Options
    Jeremy Beadle's cock...on the one hand it was tiny, on the other it was massive....