Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Answers please Mr Murray

2»

Comments

• Options
    Any club outside the top 4 is a selling club it isn't just us.
    Middlesbrough have always spent well but they've just sold their best player to a bigger club.
    Spurs wouldn't be considered a selling club but Carrick went to Man Utd and Berbatov probably will too in the summer. It's a fact of football that you need to sell to survive, we've just done it to Burnley with Gray so we can't moan that Reid is going.
  • Options
    I am not moaning that he is going just at the timings of it all 3 years out of 4 is unacceptable. at least Burnley have had ample time for a replacement.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I am not moaning that he is going just at the timings of it all 3 years out of 4 is unacceptable. at least Burnley have had ample time for a replacement.

I agree with you and i'd imagine that Pards will be just as annoyed as any of us, especially due to this so called gentlemens agreement they had.
    But what can we do? Keep an injury prone player who wants to go, or sell for 4m and possibly get Halford in?
  • Options
    Perhaps we should refrain from the term 'selling' club to perhaps 'trading' club.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I don't get on here as often as i used to and when I read stuff like this I can't say I'm disappointed with that fact. With all due respect northstandsteve, I have absolutely no doubt that you are a big fan, do your bit, etc, etc - but seriously, have a look at your original post again, sit down and have a good think.

Now tell me, why the hell should Richard Murray give a flying that you "want answers" when he's got so many more important things to worry about - like running the club as best he can. You think you can do any better then go ahead. Dig out that loose £30 million you've got stuffed down the sofa and put yourself up there - then see how you feel when ill-informed people start questioning your comitment, ability, honesty and integrity.

Seriously, for a club that has achieved so much over the years and is having a (relatively) successful season, some people on here are such whinging moaning idiots that I really don't think they desrve to be along for the ride. Just my view of course. Night night.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I don't get on here as often as i used to and when I read stuff like this I can't say I'm disappointed with that fact. With all due respect northstandsteve, I have absolutely no doubt that you are a big fan, do your bit, etc, etc - but seriously, have a look at your original post again, sit down and have a good think.

Now tell me, why the hell should Richard Murray give a flying that you "want answers" when he's got so many more important things to worry about - like running the club as best he can. You think you can do any better then go ahead. Dig out that loose £30 million you've got stuffed down the sofa and put yourself up there - then see how you feel when ill-informed people start questioning your comitment, ability, honesty and integrity.

Seriously, for a club that has achieved so much over the years and is having a (relatively) successful season, some people on here are such whinging moaning idiots that I really don't think they desrve to be along for the ride. Just my view of course. Night night.

Spot on Off_it. I couldn't have put it better myself, indeed I wouldn't have been able to put it as succinctly as that.
  • Options
    Why is it that when a Charlton supporter wants to air his opinion whuch as a paying customer he has a right to do, the same old story of how well Murray has done and how much he has put in always crop up??

The guy offered free season tickets next season if we go up, which incidently I don't give a flying fook about, but isn't this a bit like selling tickets for a big prize in a raffle then getting told your chances of winning it have just taken a bit of a nose dive??

The man has made mistakes and not just last year, yet when these occur it's always a cost cutting exercise to recoup the losses and far to often it's selling our best player.

Zheng's off to China, Semedo is a booking away from a ban I believe, Pards rates Racon that much he was hoping to get him out on loan, we are bound to get an injury or two, so when one or all of these occur just who the F*** is going to play in midfield??

We sign a left back we are not short of and a winger that we are well covered for too, what happened to the player we needed 2/3 weeks ago when the club knew Reid was going?

Don't try to tell me otherwise, I saw the embrace between Reid and Pardew when he came off injured at WBA, they both knew there and then that that was it.
  • Options
    my way of looking at things is this

we have gone from sharing with the scum to having a fantastic all seater stadium back where we belonged

we've seen and continue to see some fantastic international footballers down the valley and guess what ? loads of them actually play for us

the club despite relegation from the premier is on a pretty good financial footing and unlike the likes of sheff wed , derby , bradford , barnesly and leicester we aren't looking down the barrel of administration which unlike when those clubs were in trouble now means a 10 point deduction.

we have some good young players to look forward to in Youga , Bassyey , Racon , Varney , Dickson etc .

we have some of the best ticket prices in the country , there are clubs in the divisions below us that charge more and that was even the case in the prem.

and finally and for hopefully the last time , we are 4 points of the top of the table and currently sit fifth in the play off places where we have been pretty much since the start of the season.

the last thing I'd want is a foreign investor coming in only interested in making a profit as I don't think we'll ever be that kind of club.

Richard Murray and the board are legends and only ever make decisions that might hurt the club if they really have no other choice.

live , love , laugh and be happy
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Why is it that when a Charlton supporter wants to air his opinion whuch as a paying customer he has a right to do, the same old story of how well Murray has done and how much he has put in always crop up??

The guy offered free season tickets next season if we go up, which incidently I don't give a flying fook about, but isn't this a bit like selling tickets for a big prize in a raffle then getting told your chances of winning it have just taken a bit of a nose dive??

The man has made mistakes and not just last year, yet when these occur it's always a cost cutting exercise to recoup the losses and far to often it's selling our best player.

What mistakes?

If I may make a comparison after Matt Busby stood down at Man Utd it took years before they got back on track with Alex Ferguson. Look at Newcastle. Leicester this season. Spurs Management. Show me an example of a club that has nailed down smooth management over 20 years.

And yeh perhaps Curbs should have gone earlier (of course everyone wanted him to go earlier...dont recall that??) . And what obvious quality candidates were available when we came to replace Curbs. Im sick and tired of such a quality Chairman as Murray for being pilloried. If he read some of the comments on this site and decided to chuck it in because of it I would be absolutely gutted.
  • Options
    Reams, the Board aren't perfect and have made mistakes but they are fans who happen to be successful businessmen. Thats why most give them big respect.

There is a school of thought that says they are not ambitious enough for the club, they failed to really "push the boat out". If they had, we might have been still in the PL. It's all if's and buts. I don't believe that any Group could have worked harder to make our club successful either on or off the pitch.

Some fans will always believe that good players shouldn't be sold, that's a perfectly legitimate viewpoint, just one that does not acknowledge reality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you got into debt or in trouble with your mortgage or whatever,
    would you just carry on going down the pub, book a holiday, buy a big screen TV or build an extension to your house -
    and wait to be repossessed or made bankrupt?

Of course not. Richard Murray & co are just cutting their cloth accordingly.

Unrealistic ambition or administration ? The Board have made their choice.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]
    Don't try to tell me otherwise, I saw the embrace between Reid and Pardew when he came off injured at WBA, they both knew there and then that that was it.

this sentence has me chuckling.
  • Options
    Erm Suze, Reams is well known in the field of body language.
  • Options
    I wouldn't dare question that. Its the psychic ability i'm having trouble believing!
  • Options
    why would we want to sell? liverpool is a good example of why not. as it stands we are a true football club - i wouldnt want to sell out just to get mid table in the prem - just not worth it.