Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Just been offered another job...

WSSWSS
edited January 2008 in General Charlton
A company in New York has just offered to double money and I really want to go as I want to show that I can work at the highest level. This new company has even offered to pay my current company very good compensation.

Its a no brainer for me, I get to earn decent money in a great market even if it just for a few months. The problem is that the board here at my company don't really want to let me go but the money will help out their current financial situation. Heard through the grapevine that a lot of our customers are a bit annoyed and blaming the board. Ha, how deluded are they, it's my choice in the end and if they make it difficult for me to move and make me stay i'm going to kick up a right fuss.

What do you think i should do?

Comments

• Start spreading the news,
  • Go on a diet and sort your knees out.
  • that company might not perform well over the next 4 months and be replaced by your existing one.But thats life.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]A company in New York has just offered to double money and I really want to go as I want to show that I can work at the highest level. This new company has even offered to pay my current company very good compensation.

Its a no brainer for me, I get to earn decent money in a great market even if it just for a few months. The problem is that the board here at my company don't really want to let me go but the money will help out their current financial situation. Heard through the grapevine that a lot of our customers are a bit annoyed and blaming the board. Ha, how deluded are they, it's my choice in the end and if they make it difficult for me to move and make me stay i'm going to kick up a right fuss.

Are you tied to a fixed-term contract? Did you shake hands with your boss to stay for a certain period of time?

Do you have 20,000 customers who are so happy when they deal with you they sing your name?

;-)
  • Now that's funny Carter.
  • New york go definatly

good job it wasnt a grim cold northern town as i would say saty in London mate might be cold but hey its London

nthn towns offer feck all apart from deep fried mars bars and deep fried pizza
  • thats it he will be off
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]A company in New York has just offered to double money and I really want to go as I want to show that I can work at the highest level. This new company has even offered to pay my current company very good compensation.

I love your analogy
  • Although money is a wonderful thing, its not the be all and end all. Double your money......but for what, the same job and same hours,

Or does it come with longer hours, more travel, more preasure, if you are a family man this would not be such a goood thing. This would bring arguments at home, you wont see the kids as much and you wont be happy, not being negative just pointing out that its not all whats cracked up to be, i have had these offers before and once you have sat down and looked the whole picture spoke with the family its not really worth the punt, especially if u have job security and are financially secure is it worth it?????

If the answer is yes then good luck mate and the beers are on you.
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Although money is a wonderful thing, its not the be all and end all. Double your money......but for what, the same job and same hours,

Or does it come with longer hours, more travel, more preasure, if you are a family man this would not be such a goood thing. This would bring arguments at home, you wont see the kids as much and you wont be happy, not being negative just pointing out that its not all whats cracked up to be, i have had these offers before and once you have sat down and looked the whole picture spoke with the family its not really worth the punt, especially if u have job security and are financially secure is it worth it?????

If the answer is yes then good luck mate and the beers are on you.

And the pies???
  • Sponsored links:

• lol Westside!
  • Starting packing fella there's plenty more bread for your beans out there!!
  • How you can compare New York with Sunderland is completely beyond me
  • What do your Harem have to say about this? Can they all get out there on a relocation package?
  • New York is the Premiership, not Sunderland.

Melt.
  • No, you lamb. You imply that the job is in New York...
  • It is in new york tho, isnt it??
  • confused . com
  • He hasnt been offerd a job at all, he was refering to Andy Reid and how anyone would move in his situation as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]No, you lamb. You imply that the job is in New York...
    It is, the job is in the Premier League. The "company" is Sunderland who are based in New York (Premier League).

Get it?

Good lord, these rugby fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah that's all great West side, but what if the job/company whatever was in Los Angeles? Surely that makes a difference?
  • Hang on, I'm confused. Have you got a new job offer or not? Why is Andy Reid going to New York?
  • WSSWSS
    edited January 2008
    Right i don't mean to embarrass CharltonDan (he does that himself) but he just whispered me this:

What's your contract status?

I.e. are you on a fixed term contract or do you have notice to serve?

If you have a notice period written into your contract, they cant do anything mate. You may have to work for a few weeks with your bosses being cunts to you, but just sit there doing as little as possible, take your full hours lunch everyday..... Basically do as little as you can without you flirting with disciplinary action... They'll soon get pissed off and will probably ask you to leave early as it'll be detrimental to their business, which sounds like its already on the slippery slope as it is.

Dont be loyal to them mate. Think of yourself (sounds like a great chance).... They wouldnt be loyal to you if they needed to make redundacies / cut costs....

If you want to chat about it just bell me or email me.....
  • LOL! That'll teach me to rush into a post, not read it properly, and then reply........
  • Charlton Dan is also Scott Parkers agent !!
  • LOL. You can always count on Charlton Dan
  • Hey. Just being a "great mate".....:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Charlton Dan is also Scott Parkers agent !!

Stu - Im a Recruitment Consultant. What did you expect me to say ;-)
  • cant believe wss actually posted that!!
  • Does that mean I'm more switched on than CharltonDan?