Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So where will Halford play?

edited January 2008 in General Charlton
Has he come in to improve the first team, or the squad?

And which position will that be in?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: trickyrickycafc[/cite]Has he come in to improve the first team, or the squad?

Right mid in place of Sam.
  • i think he will be a fill in player when needed and will often be brought on if we are losing with big chris just to throw balls in the box.
  • I'd have him in centre mid while ZZ is away
  • Its a great question, and i reckon if you asked Pardew, he's answer would be nowhere at the moment.

He was a highly rated player who has apparently lost his way. Its very clear Sunderland want rid.

If we take him as part of the deal, i think Parky would have a major say in this. He knows what he is capable of and whether he could be an asset or not. Is very versatile, and if he can find a bit of confidence / form again, could be a very acute signing.

Though i reckon his wages and recent disappointing stats would dictate it as a loan at first.
  • why have we signed him then??
  • Think Pards will stick him in the business park selling car parts and bikes!
  • to please us fans 2 in 1 out
  • This worries me more than anything about the whole deal.

Maybe Parkinson will get the best out of him but in my opinion he has gone from being a star player in a rubbish team (Colchester) to playing for two average Prem teams and looking completely out of his depth at both.

Steve Coppell and Roy Keane are good managers!!!

Cant say I am happy that we are signing him.
  • Could just be that he didn't settle in and make the transition from being an automatic starter to a squad player.

I'm hoping it's that rather than because he's a trouble maker/bad influence.
  • [cite]Posted By: trickyrickycafc[/cite]

Right back is his preferred position - if so maybe push Moo2 forward and become a right winger?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: trickyrickycafc[/cite]

Right back is his preferred position - if so maybe push Moo2 forward and become a right winger?

Bit worrying that he wasn't chosen ahead of Nyron Nosworthy at right back at Sunderland.
  • edited January 2008
    Halford's loan signing is now confirmed:

http://www.safc.com/news/?page_id=14100