Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quote Book

Does anyone else have one at work?

Reading Ketmans post about O4MCS slight moment of utter stupidity with his Terminator comment made me think about all the funny / stupid things colleagues come out with, such as my Director claiming that one of our clients should "Wake up and smell the music" and such other beauties as "Hes so laid back hes vertical" or "What year was Euro 2004?" and not forgetting one of mu team (female) dropping something on the floor and asking me to pick it up from under the desk and saying "Its OK Dan you can go down. Ive got tights on"

Comments

• I was describing a save at a Football match to one of my not so clever mates & I used the term 'It was more by luck than judgement' that he kept the shot out. His retort of 'Who's Judgement?' made him the butt of a number of jokes for the next few weeks.
  • My Mrs came out with a gem at her informal interview here where i work! I was feelin generous and decided to make everyone in the office a cuppa (thats right, i was the highest paid teaboy in town!) so i went round collecting mugs/cups. I asked this lass how she had her tea, to which she said in her broad Hull accent 'not normal tea, i want this nettle tea!'

With that Mrs MCS then says ' wont that sting when you drink it!' needless to say the whole office was cryin with laughter, and bless her she nailed the job!

Dan, wtf is a quote book??
  • [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]Dan, wtf is a quote book??

LOL! Its a book you write quotes in fella!!
  • What, you mean silly quotes like the women with tights on type thing??
  • Yep. Started when I was in the City and have carried on the tradition.

Any time anyone says something stupid it gets put in the book. For example one of the girls on my team said to me when she was getting me some lunch "What flavour fruit salad do you want".
  • lol, nice one dood, i might well have to start one of these! Although it may well be to my detriment as i do most of the stoopid quotes!
  • [cite]Posted By: 04_MCS[/cite]detriment as i do most of the stoopid quotes!

I 'do' most of the silly quotes, i mean i 'say' most of em! Suddenly i went all sven on us. "yeeees awarne arooooney did a good game'!
  • Garry Nelson tells the story in Left Foot Forward of Shaun Newton saying something along the lines of "remember when we went to Spain to play Brescia in the Anglo Italian"
  • my favourite from that book was when they got one of them to phone up Darren Pitcher pretending to be Kenny Dalgleish
  • these quotes remind me of a rhodesian mate of mine. he would hear remarks and try to remember them for future reference but he could never quite get it.
    i seem to remember "are you pulling the piss", "a piece of pie", "i'm gonna kick his lights in" and my favourite "you look like the cat that spilt the milk".
  • Sponsored links:

• A couple of years ago, during a heatwave, my missus said "If it reaches a 100 degrees, will the Thames start to boil?"........