Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Now that the Transfer Window is closed....

We have lost.....

OUT: Reid (injured anyway) for up to 4 million.

But gained....

IN: Andy Gray for up to 2 million, Greg Halford (loan) and Lee Cook (loan, coming back from injury).

I remember hearing Murray saying that he liked Pardew because he felt Pards was a "good businessman" and I think its fair to say that if we make it back to the Prem after the Reid deal then this window will have been great business indeed.

I did not want to lose Reid but in all fairness his fitness for the rest of the season has to be a serious doubt, especially in the Championship where the games come so thick and fast.

As a result, and presuming that Cook gets fit to play some sort of role, its fair to say that this could prove to be a good move for all parties.

From Sunderland's viewpoint, I feel they have taken a big risk with Reid. They have already lost Richardson for the season and Reid could easily get crocked again with a medial knee ligament if he is rushed back too soon.

I really hope it goes well for Reid up there but I have my doubts that he will be able to do much for them this term.

Comments

• Options
    If we get promoted, we're going to need at least 5 quality players if we intend to stay there..