Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Have we turned the corner and are we now a cert for automatic promotion?

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
After the colchester game i was completely demoralised, but since then i think we have turned it around, creating loads of chances and i thought our performance on Tuesday was the best i had seen for a while, our attacking down the flanks was exceptional, youga and ambrose complimented each other as did mouseketeer and sam. Even with out reid were showing what a fantastic team we are. Looking forward to the rest of the season now than i did after the colchester game. Top spot is ours for the taking.

Comments

• Options
    I don't care - just wanted to make the 200,000th comment!
  • Options
    Yep we will go up....
  • Options
    Nothing is certain, but i think we are getting stronger as the season goes on, we now have the strength in deepth, and the new players are settled, Pardew did state at the start of the season that all of his past teams have a good run in/ second half of the season, so with all these factors, i would think we have a better chance than most to go straight up, although the key games are Watford and West Brom, can see Bristol C, Stoke dropping points againest lesser teams,
  • Options
    The keeper, the current back four and Ambrose, ZZ and Holland have been excellent recently - all we need now is for the guys up front to find their shooting boots. We have been playing great stuff bet letting teams off the hook due to poor finishing - even missing the ball at times!
  • Options
    PS We are fortunate that no teams have managed to get a decent points tally so far.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]PS We are fortunate that no teams have managed to get a decent points tally so far.
    But if somone had a decent points tally it would mean other teams would have a worse one and we'd be sitting pretty in 2nd. ;-)
  • Options
    Nothing's certain in this league but it looks like we are coming into a bit form at the right time.
    As said above the key is the strikers.
    Even without Reid, our midfield will create bags of the chances with the likes of Ambrose, Zz and Thomas - it all depends if those upfront can finish them
    personally, I think Gray and Varney is definitely the way to go and that's what we'll see tomorrow
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Nothing's certain in this league but it looks like we are coming into a bit form at the right time.
    Even without Reid, our midfield will create bags of the chances with the likes of Ambrose, Zz and Thomas - it all depends if those upfront can finish them
    personally, I think Gray and Varney is definitely the way to go and that's what we'll see tomorrow

Spot on. Tuesday left me with a great feeling, more than for a long time. I think we've turned the corner.
  • Options
    UP AND ATOM!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick[/cite]Nothing's certain in this league but it looks like we are coming into a bit form at the right time.

With you on that, Gray and Varney seems a good pairing to start.