Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portuguese centre-half signs ..... but which one .. Tiago Valente or Paulo Monteiro?

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
This might be old news, but not to me!

Reams ov reckons we have signed a 23yr old Portuguese centre-half from Pacos De Ferreira ...... Tiago Valente
http://fansonline.net/charltonathletic/article.php?id=209

Until the end of the season, so on loan maybe with a view to purchase?

Here is a story about him from last week:
http://dev.football365.co.za/news/pardew_has_heart_set_on_valente_24108113737.php

Comments

• Options
    The Portugese lad who played at Palace was called Montiero. Is it the same one?

I was quite impressed with him. His style of play would certainly fit in with The Championship.
  • Options
    I am confused - Paulo Monteiro played against Palace reserves and Reams article says one minute we have signed Montiero and then then next minute Valente.

Suspect it is Valente we've signed.
  • Options
    Oh I don't know!
  • Options
    But does Reamsy .....? ;o)
  • Options
    Its Paulo Montiero, the Portugese 20-year old who had been playing for a Romanian side, and has been on trial. Played one reserve game.

Here until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Don't know where they've got this story from, can't see it mentioned anywhere.
  • Options
    barts has a contact in portugal,he latched on to him during Jorge Costa's spell with us.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Evening guys, yes your spot on I made a bit of a mess with with that one, writing about one player but thinking of another !!

All sorted now anyway but thanks for taking a look it's nice to know, AFKA if you ever want to transfer my previews/reports on here if they can be of a use to you feel free to copy and paste I don't mind at all
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Reamsofverse[/cite]Evening guys, yes your spot on I made a bit of a mess with with that one, writing about one player but thinking of another !!

Make sure you don't do that with your women Reams or you'll be a gelding!!