Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Todays Result

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Hi all. My first post. Dissapointing result today ,but if you ve followed charlton for many years you ll know we ve always struggled against the lower teams and save our best performances for the top teams.bring on the palace.

Comments

• Options
    I will admit today's result is not good enough - 11 games SCUNThorpe have not won at home for so it was inevitable it would come to an end against us.

We should be beating these teams but I am not going to go into meltdown pver it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BexleyRed[/cite]bring on the palace.

I thought you said top teams :-)
  • Options
    Hi BexleyRed.

I like your optomism. Hopefully some of the things you read on here won't curb your enthusiasum.
  • Options
    well,they aint far behind us and went on a good run recently......Dont worry im not going soft i still hate the scum.
  • Options
    Hi Bexley ...... tell the people on here that we've seen it all before.
    These things happen to bigger & wealthier teams than us.

In the Prem, any one remember us beating £250 mill worth of Chelsea talent 4-2.
    Or winning at Anfield or a 4-2 win at Highbury?
  • Options
    Reminds me of a song
    Those were the days my friends,
    I thought they'd never end,
  • Options
    I remember us losing to Brighton something like 6 1 when they had nt won a game before then.Oh the memories.One things for sure, it ll be a great atmosphere against palace as it was at their place.The same result will do me.Anyone like to predict the score ?
  • Options
    Golfie will predict we'll lose.
    Most of us here will be looking to win. ;o)
  • Options
    2-1 - Gray, Ambrose, Morrison 26,231
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]2-1 - Gray, Ambrose, Morrison 26,231

Morrisons ....? I thought it was Sainsbury's behind their goal.

Sorry, you mean result & scorers.Did you say:

Charlton 2 Crystal Palace 26,231 (Morrison to score all their goals?) ;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunately only taking 2 points out of the 12 available from the bottom two teams in this division (Colchester & Scunthorpe) is going to cost us dearly at the end of the season. Oh well, onwards & upwards. Bring on Palace!!
  • Options
    Hey, guys .....with Watford winning tonight, they'll go to 52 points in 2nd place.

So now we'll be 5 points behind an automatic promotion place, instead of 4 points.

We've lost ground a little - but only by a point.
  • Options
    It is pointless getting yourself wound up over Charlton as they have always mainly been a let-down. However, that does make the good days really good. Afterall, how boring must it be being a supporter of man U, Arse, Rangers or Celtic??? I really enjoyed the performance on Tuesday night and just knew that it would all be dismantled today. We all probably mainly support Charlton because our bloody families made us, we are stuck with them now, however, it is so much better supporting this mob at the moment than it has ever been for the majority of the last fifty years.

We are now considered a very big, well-supported team in this league and quite a scalp for the majority of clubs, I have never know this in 45 years of supporting this bloody frustrating team!
  • Options
    Oh well, gutted but shit happens.

As long as they're focussed for the scum game Friday then things will look a lot better won't they guys eh?

Stop thinking about the free season ticket you won't get ;-)
  • Options
    Dicko I am sure you agree that the performance was like one of them picture SMS we all get from you from time to time.

But this was in real time dude.

CTFN.
  • Options
    Oh dear, owing to me being a penniless plastic at the mo I will have to go on what you guys who went are saying but none of it sounds good!!
  • Options
    Carts i wish i was a penniless plastic after witnessing that m8.