Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards on today: Kent Messenger

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
CHARLTON manager Alan Pardew blamed his team's lack of quality in the final third for Saturday's shock 1-0 defeat at struggling Scunthorpe.

Defeat means that the Iron have taken four points off the Addicks this season after holding them to a 1-1 draw on the opening day at The Valley.

"We had chances and we suffered from a lack of quality, which is surprising for us," Pardew conceded.

"The chances we had meant that we should not have finished the match with a nil next to our name. There were two totally committed performances from the teams out there."

Charlton paid a high price for defender Yassin Moutaoukil's 64th minute mistake. He completely missed his kick from Cliff Byrne's routine clearance and substitute Martin Paterson punished him with a low shot from close range.

"No manager can legislate for human error," a dejected Pardew added.

Scunthorpe were reduced to 10-men in the 74th minute when central defender Andy Butler was sent off for a second yellow card following a challenge on Darren Ambrose.

Charlton piled on the pressure in the final stages and substitutes Chris Iwelumo and Izale McLeod spurned golden opportunities in a dramatic finale

Comments

• Options
    get them winning then
  • Options
    Nolly, I think Pards was saying no amount of match preparation can legislate for human error on the part of an individual.
  • Options
    i see.
  • Options
    Halford in for Palace game?
  • Options
    I think our problem, Kap was creating a ton of chances ...... and missing the lot.

The only effort Scunny had on target was the one they scored from. Handed on a plate by Moo2's cock up.

ZZ might not be there next Friday, so that's the only chance Halford may start, I would think.
  • Options
    halford maybe sub at best.
  • Options
    Agreed, Nolly.

Pards will want to see what Halford & Cookie do in training this week, and how match fit they are.

If ZZ misses out or Pards wants to start with JT, then there may be changes.

But if they are fit, I think both loanees will be on the bench.
  • Options
    'I think our problem, Kap was creating a ton of chances ...... and missing the lot.'

Sorry - I've just got back and we deserved nothing from the game - didn't see us creating a ton of chances either. Scunthorpe out competed us.
  • Options
    spot on notts i didn't see us create a host either,it must have been that party pards was havin with all the vodka and the charlie,he must have been seein things.