Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aswad Thomas

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Has just scored for Accrington Stanley

Comments

• Options
    Aswad has now scored more goals this season than his big "brother" Jerome .... ;o)
  • Options
    Just scored his second
  • Options
    Can't we bring him back NOW and give them McLeod for a month instead?

Accrington would never know the difference....... ;o)
  • Options
    I have to say that the current yoof set up is very encouraging - Basey, Randolph, Elliot, Dickson, Sinclair & Wright have all done exceptionally well while out on loan at lower league clubs and now Aswad. Feels good.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]I have to say that the current yoof set up is very encouraging - Basey, Randolph, Elliot, Dickson, Sinclair & Wright have all done exceptionally well while out on loan at lower league clubs and now Aswad. Feels good.

For the 1st time in ages we seem to be developing yoof with potential to make our 1st team. This maybe because w are playing at a lower level and have less money or that we have a good yoof set up at last with management that believe in yoof.

Dickson though cannot be described as yoof, he's about 23, on the other hand Youga is a product of that set up, having been with the club for 2-3 yrs
  • Options
    I think we are beginning to see the benefits of making Steve Gritt Academy Director.
  • Options
    'I think we are beginning to see the benefits of making Steve Gritt Academy Director.'

Too right Len Millwall fans were gutted when Gritt was given the tin tac there.
    '
  • Options
    Thomas' first goal looked pretty good - a coolly taken one on one with the keeper. The second one was more of a scuffed/bundled in rebound, but he was in the right place at the right time.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I think we are beginning to see the benefits of making Steve Gritt Academy Director.

I hope that's right Len because he is still a legend for our club as far as I'm concerned and a decent bloke to boot. It was a great move to bring him back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I think we are beginning to see the benefits of making Steve Gritt Academy Director.

I hope that's right Len because he is still a legend for our club as far as I'm concerned and a decent bloke to boot. It was a great move to bring him back.

oh double amen to that bing dude

he's got no air we dont care

stevie stevie gritt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.blackburncitizen.co.uk/display.var.2033547.0..php
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]he's got no air we dont care

stevie stevie gritt

Yeah MCS, Did you go to the Fans United game at Brighton when Steve was their manager. I remember joining in with that. Happy days.....
  • Options
    Serving a three game ban, and has been sent back to Charlton by Accrington. If they are in relegation trouble, they will call him back for the last couple of games.

He made 13 appearances for Accrington, scoring twice, and their assistant manager said "I can't speak highly enough of the lad - he's been absolutely magnificent for us."
  • Options
    Silly sending off. Threw the ball at an oppo player.

How can he come back to us and then go back to Accrington? Thought the loan window was now closed.
  • Options
    Apparently, in private, he said to Aswad -

If you want to leave, baby
    I won't beg you to stay
    And if you wanna go, darling
    Maybe it's better that way

I'm gonna be strong
    I'm gonna be fine
    Don't worry about this heart of mine
    Walk out the door
    See if I care
    Go on and go now
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Silly sending off. Threw the ball at an oppo player.

How can he come back to us and then go back to Accrington? Thought the loan window was now closed.
    Presume is technically still on loan at least until end of his ban.