Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Now the dust has settled after Reidy's departure.......

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
.......how do we feel?

Personally I thought some of our football last night was superb and would have been effective in the Premier League e.g

The hold up play of Gray
The quality , technique and pace of Youga
Magic at the heart of the defence. not just winning the ball but time and time again laying off to a red shirt
Halford's quality on the ball and physique
ZZ and Matty breaking things up and finding the space to drive us forward
At it's best the pace and movement of Varney

With Thomas and Cook to come back into contention, Semedo offering a number of options, a reserve defence of Sodje, Fortune, Basey and Moo2 and Big Chris offering a different attacking option, I think things are looking up. What we need now is some consistency.

Comments

• Options
    We will see if we can be consistent with the matches against Wednesday and Watford. I think we will win both.
  • Options
    we're better without reid, as arsenal are now without henry. with reid we played our game through him, which suited us now and again, but now with him out of our team and our pace moving forward via moo2, youga, varney and sam we look more dangerous
  • Options
    I thought Reid had a great touch, brilliant on set-plays and could find a killer pass, but his workrate was suspect due to his athleticism (or lack of) and I always thought he slowed the game down to suit him and the game seemed crowded, what I love about ZZ is the space he finds himself, he is constantly looking to keep both possesion and the ball moving, sure he has a few wayward passes, but by the same token he sees a lot of the ball, but I haven't enjoyed watching a player as much as him for years oh and he puts his foot in at crucial times too....ZZ love fest over......that's not to say I don't rate Reid, he was a class act.
  • Options
    good post nug i agree whole heartedly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite].......how do we feel?

Personally I thought some of our football last night was superb and would have been effective in the Premier League e.g

The hold up play of Gray
    The quality , technique and pace of Youga
    Magic at the heart of the defence. not just winning the ball but time and time again laying off to a red shirt
    Halford's quality on the ball and physique
    ZZ and Matty breaking things up and finding the space to drive us forward
    At it's best the pace and movement of Varney

With Thomas and Cook to come back into contention, Semedo offering a number of options, a reserve defence of Sodje, Fortune, Basey and Moo2 and Big Chris offering a different attacking option, I think things are looking up. What we need now is some consistency.

I still feel it was a mistake to sell him if we didn't have to.

Ambrose or Reid? I know which one I'd rather see playing on the left.
  • Options
    I miss reidy but only because he made me look like a CCC footballer

I was one of the most vocal over the sale and i was wrong hands up wrong we play better as a team without him
  • Options
    well said christian
  • Options
    school boy error on my part there bud
  • Options
    Great post Nug, couldn't have put it better myself.