Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

In Football Terms

WSSWSS
edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Friday night means absolutely nothing if we don't go up to Sheffield Wednesday and get a result tomorrow night and I really think Pardew needs to drum this into the players. We all thought the run was going to come after we beat Stoke at home but then did not even turn up to Scunthorpe a few days later.

The fact of the matter is that we need to go on a run to get back into the running for the automatic places. I just hope Pardew and the players can show some guts and quality up at Hillsborough tomorrow and get a win because if that happen I think we are in with a superb chance, especially with Watford coming to The Valley on Saturday.

We can see that WBA are "blipping" at the moment with defeats to Barnsley and PNE and the teams in 6th-12th falling a bit behind in the race for play offs so if we can go on a 4/5 match winning run going into Easter I think we'll do it.

Come on you reds.

Comments

• Options
    Well said, WSS.

To paraphrase Curbs, 'Someone will go on a run, why shouldn't it be us?'
  • Options
    Agreed

A result is needed without a doubt
  • Options
    We need to be "hungry and angry!"

totally out of context , just getting the curbs quotes out...
  • Options
    Agreed.

Pards keeps stating 'this team is good enough for promotion', well a team good enough for promotion is one that goes up the length of the country midweek against a struggling sides and returns with the points in the bag.

If you genuinely believe you are good enough, now is the time to go out and prove it.
  • Options
    What classes as a result though? Wednesday are fighting for their lives and i'd be quite happy with 1 point tomorrow and 3 on Saturday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]To paraphrase Curbs, 'Someone will go on a run, why shouldn't it be us?'

That's us fecked then! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]To paraphrase Curbs, 'Someone will go on a run, why shouldn't it be us?'

That's us fecked then! ;-)

Except he ain't our manager anymore, Medders, and Pards doesn't say things like that...
  • Options
    Medders is on the coaching staff???
  • Options
    I am very guarded about this midweek game as everytime we position ourselves to make an attack on the top two places we blow it. However, having said that Scunthorpe away apart last five or six games have produced excellent performances, feeling more & more confident in the team.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I don't care for draws at the moment, we need to convert good performances into wins - we have struggled to score goals and that needs to end - even on Friday we should have gone in leading at half-time.

Sounds like Scunthorpe was very different - just a really bad performance all round, it happens and in a perverse way I prefer to lose like that than draw at Watford etc. when our performance was supposedly good enough to have won comfortably.

Let's win both games this week and then we can really push on from there.

We have the ability to win this league and if per chance we do, then it will feel a lot better than last time when we won it early and then petered out as usual.

Come on Charlton!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are on a run. We've won one in a row.

I honestly think we will now, when i said we would after Stoke at home I was only kidding. This time I mean it.
  • Options
    i thought watford was saturday
  • Options
    police moved it to Friday when they did the Palace game
  • Options
    thanks for the wind up but no thanks