Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Would you move to the Jimmy Seed Stand?

I would defiantly move there, hopefully it will be cheaper than the north!. Not too sure if they sell beer there though, that could ruin the plan!

Comments

• Options
    Very good question mate, I'm not entirely sure I would but it's pie in the sky anyway.
  • Options
    I think there should be conscription.

All able bodied adult males aged 16 to 24 will be called up and be forced to either move to the Jimmy Seed stand or go to Palace.

Problem solved.
  • Options
    I certainly would move, my love affair with the covered end has been on thin ice ever since it was rebuilt into the two tiered monstrosity.

At that end we would be in a better position to reclaim the Antigallican as well.
  • Options
    i'd move in an instant
  • Options
    im happy where i sit in the west stand. However if we moved home fans to the Jimmy seed where would the away fans sit?
    As it said in the Match programme from Charlton vs Palace ther would be alot of issues to sort out if we moved to the Jimmy seed.
  • Options
    No thanks, I've got the best seat in the stadium at the moment - DD123 in the East. Might be tempted to switch to the front row of the East Upper :-)
  • Options
    Nope, I'm happy on the halfway line in the East.
  • Options
    Me neither. Perfect seat near the half way line in the West where I sit with the family, 2 of whom own lifetime seats there. Would have to move if this happened so am strongly opposed to it. Understand the motives for the idea but it just wouldnt work and would upset a lot of people.
  • Options
    Deffinately.
  • Options
    This may not be popular but has anyone considered the possibility that it might actually have the reverse impact to that intended.

By splitting the core vocal element you may worsen the atmosphere. Some of the new all wrapped stadia I have been too have had a really poor atmosphere because there is no particular concentration of the vocal support. And this topic first got off the ground because of the poor atmosphere.

Is that a load of b*ll*x?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be loathe to lose my great view from N upper BUT seeing as Pards nicked my idea I would definitely. Pards give me a ring mate if you want to chat over any other ideas.
  • Options
    I'll sit there if there's enough room for my tartan and a cup holder for my bovril.
  • Options
    I'm too comfortable with my Duralex and my Burberry blanket in the East thank you very much. Athough as we are talking about the stadium, who designed the walkways in the East? With the steps up and down and the iron rallings that happen to obscure my view slightly! So much for an obstacle free stand
  • Options
    Yeh lets focus on getting some stanna lifts in first.
  • Options
    Yep Id go there in an instant....I had a season ticket in the south stand when we first moved back to the Valley....loved my time in there.
  • Options
    As I have said on the other related thread, no chance!
  • Options
    never in a million years, always has been and always will be the 'away end' to me....I'll hopefully get a better seat in the North when everyone moves !
  • Options
    Im sure when I sat in there for the Reading game last season there was less leg room than anywhere else..?
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    No I totally agree Imissthepeanutman....

The problem is there's no point in us opening up the SOUTH STAND ;-) to home fans if they aren't going to be vocal. The whole point of this move would be to make the ground more intense, not dilute / thin out where the vocal groups are gathered.

Therefore the club should be looking at offering some sort of incentive to get the vocal fans from the North Upper & Lower to swap en masse.

I would swap. But only if I knew other like minded people were going to do so and I wasn't going to be stuck amongst the SIDDARN brigade......
  • Options
    the answer isnt moving to the jimmy seed.i sat in the east stand block a for the palace game and the atmosphere and banter between fans was amazing.to improve the atmosphere the 'singers' should move to the east blocks A,B,C
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way.
  • Options
    only if they did bottled beer.
  • Options
    My season ticket used to be in there when it was split home and away. Had a great seat, great atmosphere... but I wouldnt go back there from the North Upper
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Im sure when I sat in there for the Reading game last season there was less leg room than anywhere else..?

Absolutely, the last time I sat in there I lost all feeling in my legs below the knees after about 15 minutes. No wonder they always stand all the time.
  • Options
    Splitting the vocal element isn't going to be a problem if no one can hear the North Stand at the moment. Judging by the response it would be best to improve the acoustics of the north stand. Still, it would be better for us to have our blanket brigade in their then away fans.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    i wouldnt move there until they redevelp it, in all honestly, its a dump. when its redevolped, the away fans would be put in one of the "new" south corners that will be built.