Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Not a bad result

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Watford won, as did Stoke and bristol, west brom got a point, so away and a point for us not bad, but we have lost al little ground

Makes Sat a very big game, we should've done the hornets at their place.

at least Team Tango lost again

Comments

• Options
    Palace are still playing, but losing.

Given that our record against good sides is pretty good, it's strange that we have continually struggled against the weaker teams. If we are to go up we need a killer instinct.
  • Options
    Not a good result either.

We really ought to be beating Wednesday, not a good performance at all.
  • Options
    Well Palace have lost, three defeats in four games, but at the expense of Ipswich winning...
  • Options
    Palace lose 0-1
  • Options
    Not being able to score against teams like Sheff Wed, Scunny ,Colchester and QPR has cost us a lot of points. We really need a good result on Saturday now .Come on you reds.
  • Options
    Normally a point away from home would be OK

But yet again we play poor against a poor side which is more worrying
  • Options
    Didn't sound like a poor performance, it's not like we didn't create. But it's open to how full or empty your glass is
  • Options
    We are going to put a lot of pressure on our home performances now.

Bristol City play Palarse next monday night at home (so an easy 3 points for City!!)

And should the worse scenario occur and we lost to Watford on Saturday we would be 10 and 9 points respectively adrift from the auto promotion places.

Must check those play off dates again!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Normally a point away from home would be OK

But yet again we play poor against a poor side which is more worrying
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Didn't sound like a poor performance, it's not like we didn't create. But it's open to how full or empty your glass is

Just got back from the game - I would have to say it was a poor performance. We were pretty much outplayed in the second half. IMO taking Youga off was probably a mistake.
  • Options
    Roy, we could win 5-0 and you'll think it was a poor performance.

Sounded like Youga was going to get himself sent off, so sounded like a good move
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    fcuk me,ow u get back that quick?
  • Options
    So how did Youga get booked for getting punched in the face?

And how did that referee only show a yellow card to the player who punched Youga?
  • Options
    Sorry, I'll change that, Youga was close to getting sent off for a nothing challenge, the ref seemed to target him a bit
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Roy, we could win 5-0 and you'll think it was a poor performance.

Sounded like Youga was going to get himself sent off, so sounded like a good move

Pardew SSN post match interview has credited Wednesday with a good performance and suggested the pitch was difficult and that we just lacked that little bit of quality.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Roy, we could win 5-0 and you'll think it was a poor performance.

No - youga quite often got first to the ball and won it cleanly. The incompetent ref then gives a free kick against him. Also the ref gave a corner when Weaver saved and the ball was nowhere near the goal line. IMO some of the inmates of Rampton could have done a better job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: browny[/cite]fcuk me,ow u get back that quick?

I do happen to live in Sheffield.
  • Options
    Oh!
  • Options
    In fact about two miles from the ground.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlie Block[/cite]

No - youga quite often got first to the ball and won it cleanly. The incompetent ref then gives a free kick against him. Also the ref gave a corner when Weaver saved and the ball was nowhere near the goal line. IMO some of the inmates of Rampton could have done a better job.

Who was the incompetent ref?
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Sorry, I'll change that, Youga was close to getting sent off for a nothing challenge, the ref seemed to target him a bit

IMO I wouldn't be far wrong if I said the ref actually hated him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was handy then!Still sounded like a waste of money tho.....:-(
  • Options
    not good enough - need to score goals to win games. how many times have i said that this season ??

12 goals in the last 10 games - 6 of those games against teams who were at the time in the bottom 6. From our quartet of strikers, since WBA away in the league on Dec15th (Redy's last game) only Varney has scored. 6 starts from Iwelumo - 0 goals, 4 starts from Gray - 0 goals.

Automatic promotion........you're ' aving a laugh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]not good enough - need to score goals to win games. how many times have i said that this season ??

12 goals in the last 10 games - 6 of those games against teams who were at the time in the bottom 6. From our quartet of strikers, since WBA away in the league on Dec15th (Redy's last game) only Varney has scored. 6 starts from Iwelumo - 0 goals, 4 starts from Gray - 0 goals.

Automatic promotion........you're ' aving a laugh.

You can tell old Golfie has been sharpening his keyboard just waiting for us not to win again!

Did you enjoy the match Friday Golfie? Do you reckon it was a good performance?
  • Options
    very well said Golfie!
  • Options
    Great he's got a frigging catch phrase now!
  • Options
    unfortunately golfie didn't have to wait long ... 2 away games and no goals against 2 piss poor sides (who were waiting to get beat)and only 1 point make a win against watford a must if we realistically want to achieve automatic promotion cos the games are running out ...
    west brom slip up but then stoke , b city and watford start winning regularly while we haven't won 2 games on the spin for 12 fixtures which in this junk league is simply not good enough with the quality of squad we've got , we're under performing too much IMO
  • Options
    Well, that's it then. We may as well give up and start watching Arsenal now, eh?
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]2 away games and no goals against 2 piss poor sides (who were waiting to get beat)

Gawd, all this bollox about teams waiting to be beat, deserved to be beat, etc etc. No one's gonna let us beat them. They raise their game and play to their strengths.

The game's not played on paper. Otherwise, I'm sure all the moaners would be top class managers.

Unfortunately, people want to beat us and that makes it difficult.

Fortunately, you don't have to be perfect in this league. Learn from your mistakes and keep trying to push forward. A couple of weeks ago, everyone thought Watford were done for and West Brom were the new Brazil 1970. All changed. Keep pushing forward, keep the faith and maybe we'll be there at the end of the season.