Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gazza arrested at 4am

alleged ABH in a nightclub.

Hate to say it, but i honestly can't see him lasting more than a couple of years. Back on the booze and mentally unstable is the worst of combinations...

Comments

• Probably a photographer trying to provoke something - wouldn't read much into this.
  • You do have to feel sorry for him - just can't seem to overcome his demons can he.
  • edited November 2006
    have heard about 3 or 4 stories about him now in the last few weeks getting into scrapes.

Wish he had the mental strength to sort it out. but sadly, unlikely.
  • This is very sad- the similarity between him and George Best is obvious, i fear he'll end up the same way.
  • It is sad, but I don't think I would go as far as saying I feel sorry for him. He's an adult who has made his own decisions in life. In fact, he's had an infinitely better life than he probably ever could have hoped to have had given his background - and all as a result of football - but has basically p*ssed his numerous opportunities in life up the wall.

If I kept going out getting w*nkered, smacking the missus, getting into rucks, etc and generally acting like a tw@t would any of you "feel sorry" for me? I doubt it.

As I said, yes it's sad because the man was probably the most talented English footballer of his generation and he never fulfilled his potential. Still made a mint out of it though - enough to be set up for life if he wasn't such an idiot.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]It is sad, but I don't think I would go as far as saying I feel sorry for him. He's an adult who has made his own decisions in life. In fact, he's had an infinitely better life than he probably ever could have hoped to have had given his background - and all as a result of football - but has basically p*ssed his numerous opportunities in life up the wall.

If I kept going out getting w*nkered, smacking the missus, getting into rucks, etc and generally acting like a tw@t would any of you "feel sorry" for me? I doubt it.

As I said, yes it's sad because the man was probably the most talented English footballer of his generation and he never fulfilled his potential. Still made a mint out of it though - enough to be set up for life if he wasn't such an idiot.

spot on fella!
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]If I kept going out getting w*nkered, smacking the missus, getting into rucks, etc and generally acting like a tw@t would any of you "feel sorry" for me? I doubt it.

i thought that was your life, bar the wife beating !!

agree with all your points BTW.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]It is sad, but I don't think I would go as far as saying I feel sorry for him. He's an adult who has made his own decisions in life. In fact, he's had an infinitely better life than he probably ever could have hoped to have had given his background - and all as a result of football - but has basically p*ssed his numerous opportunities in life up the wall.

I think you've summed it up pretty well.
  • edited November 2006
    AFKA: Watch it sunshine, you're not too old for a dry slap!
    ;o)
  • I believe he's lost most of the money he made, poorly advised and dim with it.