Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

utter scum

2»

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]windows get smashed on buildings all over london what's so special about this one - how do they know it was racist -[/quote]

They dont are there any white people left in that area?
  • Options
    BFR - Read Gumps post. You going to slag him as well? A lot of people have a different view on the whole motive behind the murder. You KNOW they are wrong do you? Don't get me wrong, he probably didn't deserve what he got but alot of people have stated if you live by the sword, you die by the sword. Like I say I don't know whether thats true or not, but if there is another angle on it, the people should know about it. Do you agree?
    2 years (or so) later a 15 year old white boy (who didn't have the alledged history the above had) was killed in Westhorne Ave think in a gang related killing. The idea it COULD be a racist attack was never even mentioned. Does this lad have tax payers money going towards a memorial etc? It's the double standards I can't sit back and say nothing about!
    You obviously live in a word where you believe everything your told!?!?

Re, the BNP slur - good one! there will be a St Georges Day march in brighton. I think im right in saying there will be a fair few from here on the march. By the way, I was never allowed to mention it on here again, but after attending the last march I was proved right again! A family friendly affair, with non-whites i attaendance! Don't let that get inthe way of your usual leftie rants though!!

P.S. I do post on other subjects! Just some things annoy me more than others!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]Do any of you do-gooders really know the history behind the whole case and the background of the victim?
    Yes. 'Some of us' do. 'Some of us' happened to go to school with him. 'Some of us' happened to know him quite well. And 'some of us' know that he was a decent kid and was stabbed to death by absolute ****ing morons who should all have been strung up.
  • Options
    Exactly Leroy, this myth about Stephen is one of total lies put around by the BNP and far right groups.

They have zero evidence that he was involved in any trouble, unlike the Acourt brothers who have enough previous.

But there ok, cause there not black
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Exactly Leroy, this myth about Stephen is one of total lies put around by the BNP and far right groups.

They have zero evidence that he was involved in any trouble, unlike the Acourt brothers who have enough previous.

But there ok, cause there not black

And you know its total lies?...
  • Options
    BFR... A lot of people have a different view on the whole motive behind the murder. You KNOW they are wrong do you? Don't get me wrong, he probably didn't deserve what he got

He "probably didn't deserve what he got"...this line has to be the dumbest thing I've ever read on here.

Too right he didn't deserve it. The guy was murdered - you do understand that concept, don''t you?

I know about the rumours and the gossip and the knowing nods from those apparently privileged to be in the know, because they heard the "real" story from a mate who heard the story from someone else, who heard it from whoever...the saying that a lie can travel half-way around while the truth is putting it's boots on comes into play here, and sadly people will go into denial over something like this rather than confront the truth. All evidence has suggested the exact opposite, that he was a bright kid, studying hard with the intention of making a career for himself and who found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time as five murderous thugs decided to exact an attack on him for having the wrong colour skin. I know about the excuse making, what you are doing is blaming the victim which is the shallowest of pretences for excusing the actions of the killers, this isn't just dumb, but intellectually devoid of any logic.
  • Options
    Why is it that when people have a different opinion to you, you challenge their intellect?..

Bright people still commit crimes..
  • Options
    Where is the evidence that Stephen had committed any crimes, or been involved in any trouble before he was murdered?

Answer, none.

The whole right wing attack on this, is that he was a young black man who might have had a few quid on him, because to BNP types, black men with money equal drug dealers.
  • Options
    Who's stereo-typing now...
  • Options
    FFS.

I thought I was being clever by intimating above with the 'some of us' comments.

Let me make it obvious I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH THE KID AND HE WAS ALRIGHT. HE NEVER GOT INTO TROUBLE AT SCHOOL, WAS A PRETTY INTELLIGENT STUDENT AND WAS NOT A MUGGER, DRUG DEALER, CAR THIEF OR RAPIST (all things I have heard him accused of by those supposedly 'in the know'). I would vouch for the fact that no-one else on here knew him (otherwise I would have known them too) so I am the only person qualified to make a statement about what he was like and he was NOT an a***hole.

The press have dragged this on for long enough and do seem to want to parade anything about the murder through the papers whenever they get the opportunity, but come on - a kid was murdered for being the wrong colour in the wrong area at the wrong time. Anybody wondering why this is brought up in the press all the time might care to remember that, around the same time, another black student was killed in the Thamesmead area, again by whites, yet this got precious little coverage in the media because the kid was a wrong 'un. Double-standards in the press are usually deplorable but on this occasion its spot on - people need to be regularly reminded that Stephen Lawrence was murdered simply because he was black.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well said Leroy
  • Options
    Well said Leroy,

Can't be easy reading about someone you knew.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I didn't know SL, but he was my age and know friends who went to the same school as him. None of them knew well enough to either substantiate or refute these rumours.

I've always thought they were a load of old bull to advance others agenda's. It's great to have someone who konw's him provide first hand evidence of this.

Next time I hear these rumours (as I'm sure I'll hear them again!) I'll have the confidence to tell people it's a load of bull. Good post Leroy.
  • Options
    It isn't easy - but tbh he wasn't one of my mates so I can't say that I was as cut up about it as I would have been had he been a friend. Don't get me wrong here - the media often portray him as some sort of angelic, straight-A student. he wasn't - he was just a normal teenager. Certainly nothing like the scum that litter our streets nowadays (all colours, races & creeds) but are just ignored by most people as 'normal yoof'

Where did you go to school crazy? Local to BBCS?
  • Options
    Catford boys (last two years it was open!), then Forest Hill.
  • Options
    Bit far away from me - did you know anyone at BBCS?
  • Options
    No-one at BBCS. Quite a few from Eaglesfield though.
  • Options
    I can see the tumbleweed rolling after what you've said Leroy. All those on here, or not on here that belive the bull that's spread about this case only belive it because it fals in line with their overt bigotry.
  • Options
    So please tell me about the other chap SL was woth then Rothko ? please tell me about how he had no criminal convictions. Please tell me about inthe play Mrs L actually says " why o why did he have to be with you that nite ". Please also tell me why i would have bet my mortgage that you would post on here as soon as you could about the vandlism to that building.

A young man was murdered two months ago geting off a bus in london. It made the 6 th page in a tiny colomn on the evening gooner. His father said " he was murdered for one reasononly because he was white ". No plays , no books, no hundreds of pages in the press, no plaques and no buildings named after him. Do you think his death is less important ? do you think his parents hurt any less? how come you never posted about that ? how come Ken Livingston said nothing ?

I truely cant understand how the colour of a persons skin can make someone kill, or make any differance to anything. But it is total bollox to say this is used for some sort of far right agenda when the opposite is true.
  • Options
    So Lawrence was "guilty by association" for hanging around with someone who was, supposedly, less than perfect.

Ironic as that is what some people were moaning about on the other thread re: people being banned from Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]So Lawrence was "guilty by association" for hanging around with someone who was, supposedly, less than perfect.

Ironic as that is what some people were moaning about on the other thread re: people being banned from Charlton.

...and not only that, but GH was boasting of having unashamedly participated in hooliganism in the past (see the why I am a Charlton fan thread), one rule for them, another for him...