Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let us make a flag or slogan printed Chinese to support ZZ in the Valley

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
I think when a person does not in his hometown he will feel lone sometimes.I think if ZZ see the flag or slogan when he plays in the Valley he may have a sense of home...
We can make a flag or some small slogans printed Chinese...
If you want make a slogan printed Chinese,you can write them in English to me,then I can translate into Chinese.
you can write like this:slogan"Zheng Zhi"
I will translate into Chinese:"郑智"

Comments

• Options
    Queue someone saying DVD...

What is a common phase in China for spuring a player on? I think that might be better.
  • Options
    I like this idea, but then we'd have to do the same thing for all the players who have come from non-English speaking countries... Have we got the room?
  • Options
    Non...
  • Options
    I actually think it's a great idea!

We would need something cool though - something noticeable so when he reads it he thinks "I love it here and want to stay"

A little thing like that could make a difference between him staying and leaving and it's the sort of thing we, as Charlton, should do

So come on ZZ go go go - can you tell us an inspirational phrase or two that would make him happy
  • Options
    DVD's Cheap in Thamesmead
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    "ZI Zi's Red Army"

"Even a game of 90 mins starts with a single pass"

"All Palace fans are paper tigers"

"Actually I'm well paid, have many sponsorpship deals as captian of my country and live in a big house in Chislehurst so have no need to sell DVDs"

The last one flows better in Manderin Chinese
  • Options
    Its a no brainer.

Have no idea how much these things cost but I am sure it would be value for money compared to other forms of club promotion and would strengthen our relationship with ZZ and or friends in China.
  • Options
    Someone can do a better job of this than me:
  • Options
    nice sco but the middle word has an apostrophy in the wrong place.

Depending on the size it would cost between £500 and £5000. The picture would bump the price up.
  • Options
    Nice one Sco.

Sorted. Get on with it Henry. Only 7 more home games to go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    20080168lp0.png
  • Options
    This surely has more legs than most other ideas on here.

H would the club not aid in some of the finance I reckon if we sold ZZ the very next team he went to would do something like this just for exposure in the far east.

you can bet that it would be slapped over every news paper in china

this is a really good idea and some thing we must be able to do eh Sash
  • Options
    Money's not the problem, Valley Flags Campaign have the cash and I know the Chairman and CEO very well.

My only concern is that we spend big on a flag and then ZZ leaves in the summer.

Would be nice if Pardew would come out and say how much he likes the Che Hales flags and other banners. Might help us to raise a bit of extra dosho to pay for a ZZ banner.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite] Che Hales .
    ??

Thought it was Che Guevara.
  • Options
    if he's here next season will do it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]if he's here next season will do it

And then he could leave in January... bit of a tricky one
  • Options
    Always is with current players/managers, hence no Pards banner
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]if he's here next season will do it

I think that's sensible. Given the lack of player longevity, it could be done on the cheap, avoiding pictures but have a simple ZZ / Charlton related statement in both English and Chinese.

That way it isn't lost on people, yet still gets the Chinese exposure.
  • Options
    My missus is fluent in Mandarin, I'll ask her to draft a couple of anti Palace slogans in Mandarin.
  • Options
    They cost the same regardless of what's on the banners, just I'm not a great fan of images on them, unless the image stands out like the badges do on the present set.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"ZI Zi's Red Army"

"Even a game of 90 mins starts with a single pass"

"All Palace fans are paper tigers"

"Actually I'm well paid, have many sponsorpship deals as captian of my country and live in a big house in Chislehurst so have no need to sell DVDs"

The last one flows better in Manderin Chinese[/quote]

"ZI Zi's Red Army" in Chinese"郑智的红军"
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]Queue someone saying DVD...

What is a common phase in China for spuring a player on? I think that might be better.[/quote]
    雄起or加油
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I actually think it's a great idea!

We would need something cool though - something noticeable so when he reads it he thinks "I love it here and want to stay"

A little thing like that could make a difference between him staying and leaving and it's the sort of thing we, as Charlton, should do

So come on ZZ go go go - can you tell us an inspirational phrase or two that would make him happy[/quote]

"ZZ The Valley is your home forever" in Chinese“郑智 山谷永远是你的家”
  • Options
    If I may interject, I think the simple bright red with large white symbols (a la the Zi Zi go go's pics the other day) are most effective.

Also, there's a case to be made for a ZZ banner to be made before the end of the season. First, perhaps optimistically, it may be the gesture he needs to stay loyal to the Club in the summer. Personally, I think it would make the difference to the player should a similar size club come in. Let's not be afraid to show our appreciation and strengthen that bond between the player and the fans. Secondly, even if he was to go it would be part of the historical record. No shame in that, even if it got only a few airings. If he were to go in the summer, we'd have missed an opportunity. The photos that would result would be tremendous promotion for the Club and us supporters.

Lastly, if the characters were not ZZ specific, but something more general, there's no reason it couldn't still be used occasionally or in the event we sign Sun Ji Hai!
  • Options
    Adam, my man, get designing ;o)
  • Options
    ""ZZ The Valley is your home forever" in Chinese“郑智 山谷永远是你的家” "

I like it......I like it a lot
  • Options
    第號9 請, 一鄭・Zhi

means

Number 9 please, one Zheng Zhi.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]""ZZ The Valley is your home forever" in Chinese“郑智 山谷永远是你的家” "

I like it......I like it a lot[/quote]

I think if ZZ see the banner in the Valley,he will be moved.So will the fans in China or the world...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]第號9 請, 一鄭・Zhi

means

Number 9 please, one Zheng Zhi.[/quote]

I think if a Chinese see these Chinese characters,he can not understand them...
  • Options
    Let's get it done now!